Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
This position offers a unique opportunity to create and shape Teva's new NA tax team in New Jersey as the regional Finance functions transition from Horsham, PA to Parsippany. You will have the opportunity to develop the strategic plan of people, tools and processes in conjunction with the global head of tax, while directly leading the recruitment efforts to identify and attract the talent needed to support this high-performing tax department.
The VP Tax – North America leads the tax aspects of Teva's business in the US and Canada. Serving as a senior member of Teva's global tax management team and US finance management team, the VP Tax has responsibility, with respect to the relevant jurisdictions, for
· tax accounting and tax process internal controls
· federal and, where relevant, international income tax planning and compliance with all US, federal, state, and foreign tax laws and regulations
· strategic tax planning of acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and major projects
· domestic tax controversy
· selective lobbying for tax legislation at the federal and state level, and
· professional development of direct reports and assisting in the professional development of the tax function as a whole
Given Teva's highly integrative multinational business models, the VP Tax – North America works collaboratively with business partners and with the rest of Teva's global tax group to achieve tax optimization and implement Teva's tax and business strategies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; Masters of Science of Taxation or JD with LLM in Taxation preferred
· 15+ years progressive strategic tax experience with a large multinational corporate tax department or with a Big 4 Accounting firm handling complex federal, state and international tax issues and analysis
· 10+ years supervisory experience
· Extensive experience in tax planning, M&A, tax reporting, compliance, controversy and transfer pricing
· Experience and comprehensive understanding of complex transactions
· Excellent management and leadership skills and demonstrated success in leading, developing and mentoring a group of tax professionals
· Strong, demonstrated technical competency to achieve business objectives
· Demonstrated understanding of business implications of key actions and decisions as they relate to tax strategy
· Able to handle and manage change in a proactive way
· Strong team player who generates enthusiasm, collaboration, credibility and commitment
· Excellent tax research, writing and verbal communication skills
· Strong negotiation and intuition skills. Financial and business acumen and the ability to communicate and present crisply to a wide range of internal and external constituencies
· Strong conceptual and analytical problem solving skills
· Good listening skills and an open communication style that is suitable for a fast paced, rapid decision making environment
· Pharmaceutical/life sciences industry experience preferred
SVP Global Tax
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.