Job reference: R-055951
The incumbent will report to the Director U.S. Tax Operations. Work in a detailed and independent manner across the various disciplines of the tax department, working within Global Tax Operations on the tax accounting and reporting processes, federal and state tax compliance, and other tax functions, including domestic research and planning. Candidates should have knowledge of tax accounting, federal and state compliance, and tax research and planning tools. Further, this individual will work within different areas of tax as dictated by departmental needs, he or she must be able to prioritize and progress multiple work assignments.
The role holder will support the U.S. functions of the Global Tax Operations group and will have the following responsibilities:
· Tax Accounting and Reporting with preparation of the quarterly tax provision for the US Pharmaceuticals and Biologics businesses, including preparation of the tax reserves, the delivery of timely and accurate tax provisions and reporting submissions to U.S. finance teams and UK and Swedish tax teams. In addition, preparing models for effective tax rate and tax cash forecasting.
· Federal Tax Compliance with the preparation of U.S. partnership, corporation and consolidated tax returns and filings, as assigned.
· State Tax Compliance with the preparation of state tax returns and filings, as assigned.
· Other opportunities include getting involved in other Tax Operations functions such as transfer pricing, federal and state audits, long range forecasting and working with the UK and Swedish Tax Operations teams.
· Implement changes based on new or changed federal, state and local tax laws and regulations to assess effect on current tax accounting policies and procedures and to develop appropriate recommendations for the Senior Management of the Tax Team and the Company.
· Interact with various finance and business development teams to understand accounting issues and changes within the business that affect the tax department.
· Assist Tax Managers with AstraZeneca group, external auditors and advisors as assigned.
· Opportunities to assist on other planning projects with team members in the Global Tax Strategy and Planning team.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or business administration.
· 2 – 5 years of tax compliance experience in a large corporation or large accounting firm.
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, tax accounting and federal and state tax laws
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once and to meet targeted due dates.
· Demonstrated clear and concise written and verbal skills to brief Senior Tax Management on pertinent tax issues.
· Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills & motivation.
· Proven ability to lead a project and to timely complete a given task by a fixed due date.
· Minimum 1 year or more of tax accounting experience.
· CPA certification or plans to take the exam
· Knowledge of Corp Tax compliance software preferred, but not required.
· Knowledge of CCH, RIA and/or BNA research tools.
· Experience with SAP preferred, but not required.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
· Internal: Senior Tax Management in the US, U.K., and Sweden.
Senior Finance and Controller’s area personnel.
AstraZeneca and MedImmune pharmaceuticals business personnel, as appropriate.
· External: Outside accounting and law firms
· Tax Director Direct Reports – Senior Tax Managers, Tax Managers, Senior Tax Analysts and Tax Analysts.
· Indirect Reports – N/A