REQUISITION # 19000DH9
Careers that Change Lives
This role is in Medtronic’s corporate tax department focusing on State income tax. Medtronic files over 600 state and local income tax returns annually, and the variety of tax issues will provide this individual with significant opportunities for learning and growth.
The primary responsibilities of this role are leadership and coordination of the state tax compliance process, including return review and preparation of complex returns. This position also involves tax accounting, tax research, response to inquiries from state taxing authorities, and collaborating with other tax and finance professionals throughout Medtronic. This position will report to the Director, State Tax Compliance.
A Day in the Life
· Lead the work of tax professionals and/or vendors in the preparation of Medtronic’s state and local income and franchise tax returns.
· Work with team members to prepare quarterly state estimate and extension calculations.
· Manage and assist with resolution of inquiries from state taxing authorities.
· Prepare and review quarterly and year-end ASC 740 calculations.
· Work on special tax projects, with varying levels of involvement and responsibilities.
· Develop systems and procedures that lead to process improvements.
· Oversee staff in the accomplishment of the above duties.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
· Bachelors degree required
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Nice to Have
· 7+ years of corporate income tax compliance experience, minimum 5 years state corporate income tax compliance experience
· This position requires a solid understanding of State Income Tax concepts, including but not limited to nexus, state apportionment methods, and state modifications.
· Experience in state income tax compliance for a public accounting firm or other large corporation.
· Strong computer skills, specifically with MS Excel
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
· Masters of Business Taxation (MBT)
· Strong PC Skills, including Excel, tax software (CorpTax and OneSource) and financial accounting systems (SAP, Hyperion)
· Strong oral and written skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong analytical skills related to finance and operating situations, along with the ability to perform detailed work
· Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization
· Flexible - able to adjust to changing priorities
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)