The Corporate Finance Tax internship is located at our headquarters in New York City. The qualified candidate will be able to work in New York throughout the upcoming school year.
As a Finance intern, you will be exposed to meaningful project work and will receive significant exposure to Senior Management and our overall business.
If you are interested in the international dimension of finance and international business in general, the Corporate Finance group offers great challenge and a tremendous opportunity for personal as well as professional development. We are currently seeking an undergraduate intern in the International Tax Reporting group of the Colgate-Palmolive Company.
The International Tax Reporting Group gathers financial information from over 200 international subsidiaries and branches, computes US tax attributes, and prepares tax returns as well as computes the quarterly tax provision relating to the international operations.
This experience will provide the selected candidates with an introduction to the exciting arena of international tax and global finance. The candidate's specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Collect, reconcile, and process receipts from foreign subsidiaries to claim withholding tax credits
· Collect, reconcile, and process income tax receipts, foreign tax returns, and financial statements to submit as evidence to claim the annual US foreign tax credit.
· Prepare the tax returns for Colgate's foreign subsidiaries and other tax requirements for the tax return.
· Collect and process workpapers from various domestic Finance departments and foreign subsidiaries to support the detailed foreign tax credit computation.
· Collect detailed financial and tax information submitted by Colgate's foreign subsidiaries; process information received, set up and prepare computations for earnings and profit computations, every quarter and during the tax return process
· Assist in gathering and setting up computations of deferred tax asset relating to branch fixed assets
· Collect and gather quarterly information to comply with US FATCA requirements on documenting identity of counterparties in financial transactions
· Gather, reconcile and summarize intercompany transactions to comply with country by country reporting
· Assist with the continuous process of preparing audit workpapers for the open audit years.
· Assist in gathering information or building data intensive spreadsheets for special projects
· Current Freshman, Sophomore or Junior year student pursuing an Accounting undergraduate degree
· Current minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Solid computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel
· Excellent organizational skills are required
· Meticulousness with numbers and accuracy
· Ability to work effectively in teams
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.