Job ID 699443BR
Who we are…
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Make an impact by…
· Acting as an embedded team member within Disney’s Corporate Tax Center of Excellence
· Assisting in the preparation of the company’s federal, state and international income tax returns for all worldwide business units
· Gathering and analyzing data, performing computations and preparing work papers for tax returns and tax provisions
· Preparing federal, state and international corporate income tax estimates, extensions and returns for a diverse group of corporations conducting multi-national operations
· Collaborating with tax, business and accounting personnel throughout the company to obtain and analyze data needed for tax compliance
· Researching income tax compliance-related issues
· Drafting user manuals for the department to outline Standard Operating Guidelines
· Updating SharePoint sites
What we’re looking for…
· A strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven problem solving skills
· Demonstrated computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
Also a plus…
· Tax accounting knowledge
· Previous internship or other accounting / tax experience with a CPA firm or medium-large corporation
· Incoming student, currently pursuing, or recently graduated within 6 months with a Graduate Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or other related major
· GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2020 to July 2020.
· Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
· Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.