VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, and Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels.
We’re committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders. We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
Manager – Tax Technology & Operations: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family The Manager, Tax Technology & Operations will report to the Senior Manager, Tax Technology, and will be responsible for developing and implementing process improvements across the tax life cycle as well as ensuring the tax department is utilizing technology to its utmost potential. The Manager, Tax Technology & Operations will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of leveraging existing platforms and implementing the foundation of software and data management for the next generation tax department to efficiently meet its financial reporting, tax return, and regulatory compliance obligations. Additionally, the Manager, Tax Technology & Operations, will be responsible for developing the Senior Analyst, Tax Technology & Operations to ensure a strong Tax Technology group. A strong understanding of the strategic value of income tax information and the need for timely communication is critical to this position.
How You Will Make a Difference:
· Design, develop, and ultimately implement, process efficiencies and technological improvements throughout the entire tax department.
· Develop the Senior Analyst, Tax Technology & Operations’ skillset on tax, accounting, and technology.
· Maintain an in-depth understanding of VF’s data and analytics capabilities and leverage for use within the tax department.
· Work closely with the Data Integration Specialist – Tax, and Senior Analyst, Tax Technology & Operations on execution of various process improvements and technology initiatives.
· Work closely with each tax group (International, State, Federal, Accounting, and Indirect) to develop an understanding of pain points and end to end processes.
· Responsible for creating regular communications to the tax department to ensure team is up to speed on knowing all technologies available and how to effectively utilize them.
· Establish book and tax system governance program: Inventory systems that have book & tax data where tax is a stakeholder. Understand ownership & migration plans for each system.
· Manage tax master data within each enterprise and tax-specific system.
· Oversee OneSource annual maintenance & rollover plans.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years within a corporate tax department, or public accounting firm
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
· Deep knowledge of tax technology and tax process best practices, and ability to translate that knowledge into actionable solutions.
· Experience with general ledger packages, sub-ledgers and related reporting tools.
· Strategic thinking with the ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple projects.
· Self-motivated, proactive, organized and exceptional attention to detail.
· Extensive direct experience working in SAP, ONESOURCE (OWM, OIT, OTP, OSA, DataFlow), SharePoint, as well as analytical tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
· Experience working with Visual Basic, Power Query, SQL, R Script, as well as various other BI tools.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interest and aptitude for tax technology, including software, hardware, database management and networks.
· Ability to develop and conduct training that is pertinent and timely to the needs of the Tax Department.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Travel by air and overnight, as required.
· Lifting and/or bending 20 pounds of weight.
VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, and Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world. VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.