Job ID R008043
No company starts out knowing how to do everything right, and we’ve had 20 years of trying, breaking, fixing, and repeating. We provide a rock-solid leadership team & a mission to change the world but we never forget about our employees. At GoDaddy you can expect to learn leading-edge processes and technologies, and help your business partners strike a balance between speed and compliance. It’s a rare opportunity and one that is perfectly suited for curious go-getters who love a challenge!
What makes a successful Indirect (Sales/Use) Tax Analyst/Supervisor employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all.
GoDaddy Tax Team is looking for a Tax Analyst to be primarily responsible for Indirect Tax (sales, use, excise, property, etc.) at our corporate offices in Scottsdale, Arizona. You will be responsible for the compliance processes which is related to multi-state sales, consumers use tax, and assist with global VAT/GST filings. Must be passionate about customer service, 3-4 years’ experience in public or private indirect tax experience. Candidate will coordinate audit requests, respond to notices, strategy, research, organization, document processes, exemption certificates, while working under strict deadlines. Position for GoDaddy.com tax department located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
· Manage monthly U.S. Sales Tax filings
· Reconcile and approve tax payment funding requests
· Reconcile tax reports to the General Ledger to ensure accuracy
· Respond to notices and assist with audits from states.
· Oversee and reconcile all sales tax accounts monthly
· Prepare, review and file miscellaneous returns as needed
· Support internal SOX controls for indirect tax processes
· Compliance with sales and use tax, value-added tax
· Help with Property Tax accruals, payments, filings, and fixed assets
· Assist with sales/use tax audit requests and special projects
· Research taxability issues both domestic and foreign
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience Indirect Tax experience, preferred
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
· Demonstrated problem solving and negotiating skills
· Good communication skills to work with internal and external consultants and advisors
· Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Ability to work independently and manage deadlines
· Effective time management skills and resource management skills
· Ability to work with various teams within the organization
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Passionate about GoDaddy.com Customer Service
· Ability to adapt and change in a fast-paced, growing organization
· OneSource, Vertex, and Workday experience is a plus
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.