The Senior Analyst Tax Compliance & Reporting plays an integral role in the preparation and review of the US federal and state income tax returns as well as the domestic income tax provision. This position will also provide assistance with tax planning initiatives of the department and process improvement projects within the compliance & reporting process.
How You Will Make a Difference:
· You will make internal contacts in the form of various accounting groups of domestic VF locations
· You will make external contacts in the form of outside consultants related to tax, accounting and technology
· You will have substantial interaction with local financial and operational leadership, treasury, legal, HR and Finance and will require excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position also requires strong technology skills to maximize departmental efficiencies.
· You will assist in the preparation of the US federal and state income tax returns
· You will assist in the preparation of the annual income tax provision (ASC 740) in accordance with GAAP to be included in VF’s 10-K
· You will play a key role in preparing/reviewing other special projects (including but not limited to domestic tax planning assignments, impact of proposed and new tax legislation; assist with analysis of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; process improvement projects, etc.)
· You will research income tax issues to support filing positions taken, or to explore tax planning opportunities
· You will preform other duties as assigned
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong communication skills
· Strong understanding of accounting as well as tax
VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, and Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.