Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The International Tax Manager is responsible for the direct management and supervision of the section's tax professionals. The Tax Managers responsibilities include income tax reporting, planning and assisting with tax audits to maximize tax savings opportunities that contribute to shareholder value while fulfilling tax payment and reporting obligations.
· Tax Return Compliance - Manage the accurate reporting of the international aspects of the Federal income tax return. Review alternative tax positions in order to determine the most appropriate cost-effective filing position. Support U.S. transfer pricing compliance process. Lead technology and process improvements to improve tax return compliance process. Support Honeywell's IRS transaction reporting and uncertain tax positions (i.e. UTP) disclosure processes.
· Financial Reporting - Support the accurate preparation of Honeywell's Federal/Foreign income tax expense (both current and deferred) for financial statement purposes. Evaluate uncertain tax reporting positions and business combinations in order to properly reflect the tax treatment of such items in Honeywell's financial statements. Contribute to Honeywell's Sarbanes-Oxley process for financial reporting purposes. Analyze the tax aspects of financial projections and forecasts. Lead technology and process improvements to ensure accurate, timely information provided to Honeywell financial reporting group.
· Planning Activities - Lead the implementation of non-structural tax planning strategies, which maximize savings on a defensible basis. Review tax research. Participate in the review of proposed transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences. Support the Federal income tax integration of business acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings.
· Tax Audits and Controversies - Evaluate requests for information from government officials and participate in developing strategies to successfully defend tax filing positions. Support the coordination and implementation of audit strategies. Stay abreast of legal developments and industry positions in order to accurately evaluate options and responses to requests for information.
· Leadership and Teamwork - Lead, mentor, and develop the international section of the US income tax group. Coordinate and consult with SBG Tax Directors and other tax professionals. Direct external tax advisors on a project-by-project basis.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in tax, finance, or accounting.
· Minimum of 6 years of Big Four Tax or Corporate Tax experience desired
· CPA or law degree with an emphasis in taxation.
· International Tax Experience
· Technical knowledge of tax laws & regulations with a focus on international taxation.
· Financial accounting skills with a good working knowledge of accounting for income taxes
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze financial statements.
· Excellent business acumen
· Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to complex issues.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.