When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
A vital team member that assists in minimizing Daimler Trucks North America LLC's tax burden by administering and supporting the company's operational tax function, including sales and use taxes, property taxes, federal excise taxes, and other miscellaneous taxes. This position is responsible for coordinating information to external service providers for the preparation of sales and use tax returns and property tax returns in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for preparing federal excise tax returns and other miscellaneous returns and reports. Additional responsibilities include providing support for related audits and implementing tax savings opportunities where applicable.
· Coordinate the providing of information to an external service provider for the timely preparation, filing, and payment of the monthly sales tax returns.
· Coordinate and assist in the sales/use tax audit function, including meeting with auditors and responding to auditor information requests.
· Serve as the key person in the organization to provide information to other departments within the company regarding sales and use tax compliance.
· Coordinate the providing of information to an external service provider for the timely filing of annual property tax returns. Responsible for making the required payments when they are due.
· Coordinate and assist in the property tax audit function, including meeting with auditors and responding to auditor information requests.
· Prepare federal excise tax returns and various other miscellaneous operational tax returns and reports, as required.
· Ensure sales and use tax, excise tax, and property tax accruals accurately reflect outstanding liabilities of the company.
· Keep abreast of tax law changes in your area of responsibility and communicate these changes, accordingly.
· Bachelor’s Degree (with a focus in Accounting or Taxation) from an accredited university/college with 3+ years of related experience OR Master's Degree with 1+ year of related experience required
· An attached resume is required
· Effective written and oral communication skills required
· 2+ years of tax experience in industry or public accounting preferred
· Previous experience using advanced tax concepts in sales and use tax, federal excise tax, and property tax assessments preferred
· Previous experience handling governmental tax audits preferred
· Previous experience with Vertex and SAP software preferred
· Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
· Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check