Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The purpose of this position is to have a person with solid tax knowledge on direct and indirect taxes, whose main goal will be i) to provide advice on tax issues at national, provincial and municipal level for Argentina ii) analyze financial structures and iii) perform tax planning activities, reporting to the tax supervisor. This person will oversee the correct administration of tax credits. The job holder will provide timely and accurate advice to BU´s, will coordinate tax planning for direct and indirect taxes and give support during external tax audits in an effciente way.
· 20% Responsible for providing on time communication and advice to the BUs regarding direct and indirect taxes. Advice on current and new businesses. Be aware of changes in the regulations. Analysis of the impact of those changes.
· 20% Revision and filing of tax returns. Monitor the implementation of changes in the regulation in transactional systems
· 15% Control of the evolution of tax credits. Constant evaluation of strategies to reduce it.
· 15% Monitoring the evolution of local IRS criteria on Challenged farmers. Also provide evidence on challenged farmers and support external law firms.
· 10% Give support during external audits and analyze the information to be provided as necessary. Prepare and review documentation required for administrative and judicial claims.
· 3% Monitoring and revision of ONCCA’s presentations made by CBS.
· 5% Revision, support and training CBS’s people to prepare the information for tax returns. Evaluate the controls set in the grain purchase processes. Suggestion for improvements. Yearly audit of these processes.
· 3% Responsible for identifying new contingencies and updating the evolution of the existing ones already detected and included in SCH 815. Evaluation of any new facts regarding current reserves or potential new ones.
· 4% Give advice and support to HR on employees profits regulations (4th Category).
· 5% Give support in the development of special projects such as Falcon, IT developments, etc.
· Public Accountant
· Seven/ten years of experience in the Tax Area.
· Previous experience in a Big 4
· Advanced level of English
· PC knowledge
· Experience in the financial field and/or in the grain industry
· Knowledge of the grain regulatory regime
· Knowledge on employees profits regulations (4th Category)
· Postgraduate studies in tax or related fields