Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an International Tax Manager to join its LATAM tax team. This position will be part of the international tax team that handles Facebook’s global income tax issues and will report to the International Tax – Head of LATAM. The successful candidate must have experience with a wide range of technical international tax issues for a US based multi-national company with operations in LATAM. The candidate must be a self-starter and have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work closely and proactively with numerous functional teams across our organization. The position will be based in São Paulo - Brazil.
· Manage income tax compliance for the LATAM region by working with the tax and finance team and outsource service providers to accurately and timely file local country tax returns, as well as provide oversight for tax compliance across the region.
· Manage various tax matters relating to Facebook’s LATAM operating structure, including inter company transfer pricing and reporting, and reviews of activities and operations to ensure compliance with operational goals
· Work independently and directly with various cross-functional groups in Facebook LATAM to support business expansion and identify tax issues, risks and planning opportunities
· Assist with the tax provision process for the international aspects of Facebook’s global U.S. GAAP reporting related to LATAM operations, as well as local subsidiary statutory reporting
· Assist with foreign income tax audits for the LATAM region, including responding to questionnaires from foreign tax authorities
· Traveling will be necessary for this position.
· University degree, with advanced degree or professional qualification in tax or law preferred
· 10+ years of relevant international tax experience in Big 4, law firm and/or tech, services or industry
· Strong international tax knowledge and familiarity of tax issues for a multinational company operating globally
· Experience with transfer pricing issues and global reporting
· Ability to work independently, effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, and to work with functional groups outside of tax and finance
· Fluency in English
· Masters in Taxation
· Experience in the internet industry
· Experience with infrastructure projects or industry