We are looking for a Senior Tax Advisor to join our Commercial team. This position will be based in Lima, Peru.
As the leading ocean transportation carrier in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award winning talent development initiatives. Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees and our continuous search for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives. Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
· To assist the Regional tax manager on all tax consulting and advisory matters and tax projects;
· To monitor and study tax legislation changes and advise the impacts on the Company business;
· To ensure full compliance with local applicable tax legislation;
· To study of doctrine and jurisprudence for strategic tax optimization and identify eventual risks and uncertain tax positions;
· To assist on the advisory for international tax matters/projects;
· To evaluate and provide the advisory on Double taxation treaty application on cross borders transactions;
· To provide support on defining tax positions, procedures and internal processes for the tax compliance and litigation teams;
· To analyze and support implementation of special regimes and tax incentives;
· To coordinate tax projects on a demand basis.
· To support on Transfer Pricing aspects (as per local regulations);
· To prepare correspondence/memo and reports to Management, tax authorities, auditors and external consultants
· To overview the external Tax Outsourcing activities and GSC (internal Shared Service Center) processes and deliverables. To communicate potential issues and/or opportunities timely to improve overall process.
We are looking for
· Ideal candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working in advisory function with task that included consulting associated to advisory and strategy.
· Solid tax knowledge for Peru and at least one of the countries to be supported.
· Experience with Projects and inquiries related to the interpretation of the tax laws.
· Is required to have experience with direct and indirect taxes.
· Is required to have University studies completed with a minimum of Bachelor degree.
· The candidate must have high level of English.
· Required to have intermediate level of expertise with MS Office and Advance experience with Excel
· An excellent candidate must be a great communicator and a quick learner with great time management skills, needs to be self-motivated with detail and process oriented skills.
NICE TO HAVE
· Taxes experience from more than one of the countries supported.
· Candidates with Firm formation will be a nice to have.
· Experience with Chile tax law.
· In depth knowledge of tax rules for countries in scope.
· Experience with tax compliance rules.
· Solid knowledge of excel and word.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.