The Greater China tax team is a key part of Oracle’s world-class operation and is closely integrated with tax organization headquartered in San Francisco Bay area. This progressive and innovative team comprises a dynamic group of tax professionals responsible for Oracle’s tax planning, business partnering, tax compliance, M&A integration, transfer pricing and tax controversies as well as supporting and liaising with other functions in the region.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist the team in the areas of transfer pricing, tax planning and advisory for Greater China entities.
· Monitor inter-company transactions and minimize transfer pricing risks
· Coordinate with Corporate Transfer Pricing team and external advisors on the preparation of transfer pricing documentation reports
· Manage the tax audits/queries from the tax authorities in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau
· Prepare and verify accurate and effective audit responses to close the audit cases and achieve better audit result
· Work with global teams on all lines of business on tax process improvements arising out of tax audits or investigations
· Work with cross-functional groups to timely obtain the information required and provide the tax input to support various projects, such as M&A projects, new business models, liquidation of entities, tax advice in relation to business operations, etc.
· Manage work of external advisors (when necessary) to obtain quality service within time frame and budget
· Build up cordial and professional relationships with tax authorities
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Minimum 9 years tax experience obtained working as a full time tax professional for multinational, or in one of the Big Four;
· Significant tax and financial knowledge and experience in the area of direct taxation, together with an understanding of the interaction with indirect taxes;
· Thorough knowledge of business controls in a tax environment;
· Thorough knowledge of tax accounting in Group Accounts;
· Ability to organize and manage many tasks simultaneously;
· Sound judgment and good interpersonal skills;
· Comprehensive understanding of Oracle financial accounting and reporting directives;
· Strong communication skills and can demonstrate necessary authority in different situations; and
· Strong sense of responsibility, proactive and dedicated.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax;
· Qualification of Certified Public Accountant or Certified Tax Agent – preferred
· Fluent in PRC tax regulations, tax practices and accounting principles; and
· Fluent in English, written and oral.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Compiles information for statutory reports as well as internal tax reporting. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Assist with governmental audits, internal audits and/or fiscal recharges. Ensure company complies with worldwide statutory tax reporting specifications. Focus areas include transfer pricing and intercompany transactions. identify international assignment tax issues for employees working in another country. Develop strategies to minimize corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. 10 plus years experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.