Publication ID: CN68154199_E1
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions. As an Tax Manager, Power Grids, you will be part of the Corporate Function Finance Division and Corporate Function Corporate Taxes Business Units (BU) based in Beijing.
· Grasp and understand the latest development in tax laws, regulations and local practices of corporate taxes and provide tax policy update and governance support to business and functions.
· Work with local tax compliance center and legal entities to fulfill the oversight role on local tax compliance and risk management including local tax audits.
· Advice, assist and provide trainings to business in China and the region on tax matters including but not limited to potential tax costs, exposure and tax effective contractual structure during the biding and contract negotiation period by going through the global standard tax risk review process/tools for project business and cross boarder large orders.
· Oversee all tax accounting and reporting activities within the scope of own tax responsibility. Ensure correct tax numbers and disclosures in the quarterly and annual reports and financial statements of the Power Grid business, including sign-off of the tax reporting locally.
· Liaise with Tax Authorities and similar and support business in negotiations/dealings regionally/locally in tax policy matters within defined tax practices including but not limited to transfer pricing for goods and services, cross boarder projects and orders, mergers and acquisitions, intra-company arrangements, indirect taxes, financing, employment taxes and tax litigation/planning projects.
· Ensure that internal controls over financial reporting processes are designed and performed effectively and efficiently in the respective areas of tax responsibilities.
· Establish a trusted partnership with business and functions.
· Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
· Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Law or Taxation and Professional Certification in Tax (e. g. CTA) or equivalent, further education as an additional asset.
· 8+ years of Professional Tax Experience in Big 4 tax consulting firms with Industry Experience in MNCs is a plus.
· Knowledge and skills in Tax accounting is a preferred.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English is must.
· Strong communication, management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Travel within China and overseas is expected.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.