1. Manage daily tax operations for Daimler financial service (DFS) entities in China to achieve both tax compliance and tax optimization, including but not limited to:
· Supervising the monthly/yearly tax closing;
· Supervising the monthly/yearly tax filing and tax payments;
· Supervising the tax clearance for payments to DAG and other DAI overseas companies;
· Constantly monitoring/supervising the tax refund process to ensure adequate timely refund;
· Dealing and negotiating with the tax authorities in tax assessments and tax audits.
2. Advise on the Chinese tax issues on a day-to-day basis to the DFS entities, including but not limited to:
· Identifying tax risks and providing/implementing the solutions;
· Actively involving in the business operations and new business models to assure tax compliance and tax optimization;
· Reviewing and signing off of the contracts to control the tax risk and assure the best tax position;
· Solving daily tax issues raised by F&C and BUs.
Identify the tax planning opportunities and assure the best compliant tax position, work out implementation plan, and lead the implementation for the entities, e.g. bad debt loss deduction, principle invoice issuance for sales and lease business in nationwide, etc .
3. Support significant international tax and M&A projects from both tax compliance and tax optimization perspective to ensure tax efficiency of DAI group business structure, etc.
4. Coordinate with the HQ tax in relation to any international tax issues, focusing on treasury related issues.
5. Manage the DFS tax team and develop the team staff.
· Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, tax, legal or equivalent; Mater degree preferred.
· At least 8-year experience in both tax compliance and tax advisory. International taxation experience is required. Strong Chinese taxation skill.
· Reputable accounting/tax firm experience is necessary. MNCs’ tax experience preferred.
· Adapt to the multicultural working environment.
· Leadership&managerial skill is required. Project leading experience is necessary.
· Good communication and negotiation skill. Team work spirit.
· Good analytical skill. Proactive work attitude and result-driven.
· Solid accounting knowledge
· Fluent spoken and written English