At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
· Oversee the taxation function and manage all tax related matters regarding the adidas Group’s Global Sourcing headquarter in HK, its liaison offices and eBVII.
· Responsible for tax risk management and provide sound advice / solution to the business partners.
· Formulate and implement effective tax strategies and planning.
· Act as a core management member to achieve departmental objectives & culture.
· Team and organization development
o Train and develop a strong tax team (including virtual teams in liaison office locations)
o Supervise and support employees in their professional and career development
o Develop effective team structure and succession plan
· Act as the finance point person and work as business partner to Sourcing & other Group Functions for tax advisory
· Tax compliance and planning
o Coordinate, review and report on all statutory account and tax filings for corporate income tax.
o Manage tax audits and queries to protect best interest of the Group in compliance with respective tax regulation.
o Provide tax advice and perform appropriate due diligence study on emerging tax related matters e.g. transfer-pricing.
o Work closely with Group Tax in formulating and implementing tax planning strategies and framework.
o Establish stable & efficient tax infrastructure to meet local business needs.
· Build & develop tax consultant network in our business locations and work closely with them to carry out the duties. Take accountability to review and upgrade service level of the consultants.
· Work closely with the accounting & reporting team to ensure appropriate policies to safeguard financial data integrity and tax compliance e.g. document retention guidelines, intercompany recharge policy.
· Lead, promote and implement continuous business improvement projects to achieve tax goals and strategies. Conduct ad hoc projects as necessary.
· Team Managers
· Sourcing Management Team in HK and LOs (Office Managers and Country Managers)
· Group Tax
· Tax Consultants
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Good business acumen and with passion to be a business-oriented tax advisor.
· Self-motivated and performance-oriented; able to work independently under time pressure.
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Pro-active and attention to details.
· Solid project management and planning skills.
· Strong technical knowledge with sound analytical skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· University degree in Business Administration / Finance / Accounting / Taxation or equivalent background in related fields.
· Qualified accountant from one of the recognized professional accounting bodies.
· Minimum 10 years relevant experience with extensive exposure of tax compliance and planning works.
· Regional and China tax experience preferred.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English.