Finance and Accounting Process works on accounting processes from regions including America, Europe, Africa and Asia. The team has an active participation in the corporate drive for process standardization and enhancements, which has resulted in higher efficiencies, uniformity of accounting practices and quality & consistent management reporting.
As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.
a. Strong focus around challenging the status quo within the business processes, financial reporting and SAP framework
b. Ability to provide a holistic solution whether that involves working with upgraded IT environment, legacy systems as well as new technology adoption
c. Independently drive changes to key business processes, SAP or other projects involving bringing in bolts-ons to minimize inefficiencies in the existing landscape
d. Experience around tax set-ups – bolts ons, tax rates, tax codes, SAP customizations is an essential element and will be an added advantage in improving the tax accounting, reporting and statutory submissions
e. Sound understanding on end to end SAP solutions & enhancements to drive business process improvements whether within ATR tax processes or within other verticals like Order to cash (OTC) and procure to pay (PTP)
f. Identifies new technologies that can cater to further improvement of ATR tax processes
g. Drive financial transformations relating to organizational initiatives around system automation and process changes
h. Engage with senior stakeholders within the organization
Drive Standardization, compliance and adherence to controls
a. Develop and update Global tax process landscape & Standard Operating Procedures which act as significant source of guidance for the ATR tax teams
b. Experience around efficient SAP tax set-ups to maneuver quick tax related changes globally
c. Developing processes to reduce exceptions and bringing continuous standardization in line with industry benchmarks
d. Communication with the organization emphasizing the drive for standardization & adherence to set controls. Open two-way communication with organization on any areas requiring further review
e. Critically review and assess the potential solutions whether within SAP or processes by thinking out of the box and moving away from stereotypes
f. Identification of potential gaps between tax requirements and tax submissions along with the tax controllers.
We are looking for
· Qualified Chartered Accountant, or CPA or ACCA or MBA from premiere institute
· Minimum 7-10 years’ experience with large, global, multinational organizations
· Deep understanding of end to end business continuum (value chain) of at least one industry (not just restricted to Finance)
· Understanding of SAP: FI (GL & CO) and/or SD/MM Proficient and Hands on exposure, and Hands on experience with on tools like BRF+, Robotics, Vertex, ASP/GSP (GST), Synchro, Standard audit file for tax (SAFT), E-Government Uniform Invoices, Electronic accounting solution etc
· Experience with S/4 Hana will be an added advantage
· Strong understanding of finance and business drivers – preferably in shipping or related industry
· Have the ability to manage change – understand concepts of change management with demonstrated capabilities
· Able to consistently demonstrate & live cultural dimensions of Simplicity, Focus & Teamwork
· Good team player and someone willing to work beyond known boundaries of capabilities
· Communication: A strong communicator with a clear and concise presentation style, who can convey, with consistency, in a manner that is readily accessible and understandable to all.
· Influencing: Highly developed influencing skills; must demonstrate the ability to secure buy-in at all levels within the organization.
· Best practice perspective: Well-versed in current best practice information and trends in the external market place. Understands the impact and benefits that new practices could bring to the organization and is willing to implement changes.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.