This role is part of the India Tax Centre based out of Maersk office in Lower Parel, Mumbai. The team takes care of all tax related activities including compliance, tax management and statutory requirements across all A. P. Moller-Maersk A/S business units in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
We offer an opportunity to work in an international and dynamic environment. A. P. Moller-Maersk A/S group is engaged in different segments of the transport and logistics industry. As part of the India Tax Centre, opportunity is made available to a team member to work across various entities in the Group and spread across various aspects of taxation. Thereby, not only does a person get exposure in various tax assignments but also the interactions help the person obtaining a better understanding of the industry and deliver quality results on both professional and personal front.
· Preparation, review and documentation of all tax compliances/ matters applicable to the business units;
· Liaising with various stakeholders such as business unit, senior management and tax authorities in respect of tax matters associated with the business units;
· Representation before the tax authorities (including Tribunal) in various direct tax and transfer pricing matters;
· Preparation of corporate tax returns and ensuring timely filing of the same by the concerned business unit;
· Preparation/ review of advance tax workings, review of quarterly TDS return compliances and other routine compliances for the business units;
· Preparation of various other applications such as appeals, responses to notices, show causes, refunds, etc.
· Review of various international transactions entered by the Business units, maintaining complete documentation, review of Transfer Pricing study reports and provision of various services in relation to Transfer Pricing matters applicable to the Business units
· Providing various tax advisory services to the business units in relation to any queries raised by them;
· Assistance in various tax audits, documentation, data collation, coordination, etc.
· Assistance in setting correct and tax compliant standard processes as per group expectations;
· Preparation and sharing of various reports such as assessment status tracker, refunds tracker, tax memos, etc. with the stakeholders;
· Assistance in various other projects in the field of taxation (such as MAP, APA, etc.); and
· Assistance in tax compliances/ projects related to other foreign jurisdictions.
We are looking for
A candidate who is:
· Chartered Accountant (preferably in first or second attempt) with relevant experience in corporate taxation, international taxation and transfer pricing regulations;
· Should have good knowledge of MS Office applications;
· Candidate that shows speed and agility in understanding the business and correlate direct taxes implications and benefits;
· Skill set in analysing, planning and strategizing tax efficient business model;
· Should have high drive for results, good analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities;
· An effective team and individual contributor with effective communication, analytical skills, team building and relationship management skills;
· Versatile and capable of handling multiple assignments and delivering timely on the same;
· The person would also be responsible for managing external consultants, auditors and key external stakeholders like Government, from the tax perspective.
· Willingness to also learn about tax laws in other jurisdictions and assist regional tax team on specific overseas tax assignments
Relevant experience of minimum 2-3 years, preferably from a Big4 Firm (candidates working in industry should have 4 years’ experience or more).
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.