Req No: FIN00004163
Would you like to apply your education and skills in exciting and meaningful ways from day one? If so, we have the perfect role for you. This is a unique opportunity to become a member of Taxation Team of P&G India a $1+ Bn company with responsibilities including compliance and planning related to Indirect Tax for multiple legal entities :
· To steer and lead Tax Planning projects to deliver competitive advantage to the company, by being 100% compliant and bring value proposition to the business.
· To provide Tax expertise on India business issues;
· To ensure 100% compliance of tax laws and build strong internal controls wrt tax in locations where P&G does business.
· To look for ways to improve / reengineer compliance processes for maximum efficiency.
· To assess and ensure the optimum financial coverage, through appropriate local as well as US GAAP accounting.
· To develop future functional leaders, through appropriate mentoring.
About the role:
STEWARDSHIP : COMPLIANCE & CONTROLS
· Overall responsibility and control of India Indirect tax
· Develop strong control systems on tax compliance
· Frequent review of CSA’s and health check of business structures to ensure tax compliance
BUSINESS LEADERSHIP : DEFENSE & TAX PLANNING
· Identify, initiate and manage tax planning opportunities/ideas in line with global policies, and work with outside counsel, global/regional tax groups/business units within P&G both at planning and implementation stages
· Lead tax planning to deliver competitive advantage
· Provide proactive advice and counsel on questions relating to tax implications affecting the company business including restructurings, projects and plans
· Monitor laws and advise the senior management.
· Design the right tax structures for new projects / initiatives in line with global P&G policies
· Lead and manage litigations.
· Master the facts and applicable laws
· Help Management strategize tax litigations/issues
· Effectively liaise with outside counsels and solicitors on tax matters
· Represent the company before the tax authorities when deemed necessary
· Represent the Company in industry associations wrt tax matters
· Establish an internal network of search and re-apply of tax planning ideas
· Lobby with the government for tax benefits
· Overall supervision and control of tax defense
· Advise business units on pricing , invoicing, new initiatives and promotions which includes :
· understanding/ensuring business transactions are consistent with company’s corporate/regional/global plans/policies
· delivering on any tax value added (cash or net income) planned for the Company
· providing direct input into marketing, sales and supply chain functions and on all tax issues that affect pricing, sourcing and distribution
· Tax technical support, trainings and guidance to tax team
· Tax group career planning and development
· Enable tax organisation links with the business group
· Energize and motivate tax organization
· develop a winning organization
We are looking for:
· Commerce Grad +Chartered Accountant /Cost Accountant
· Minimum 5 years of experience with an FMCG company or Tax advisory/accountancy firm.
· In-depth knowledge of India Tax Laws and Practice and working knowledge of international taxation principles, concepts and practice
· Able to apply the technical knowledge to solve business issues
· Able to work independently
· Very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to think “out-of-the-box”
· Good accounting knowledge/skills. Awareness of general legal principles/concepts
· Very strong project management skills. Able to see planned ideas right through to implementation stage
· Very strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. Able to articulate ideas and analysis of issues to all levels of management.
· Continuouscoaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your coach and manager
· Dynamicandrespectfulinternationalworkenvironment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
· A competitivecompensationpackage, in line with your qualifications and experience
Just so you know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.