Job Number: 1811739
Mondelez International is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our highly successful Innovation team based in Philippines.
Reporting to the Assoc Dir Tax Compliance AMEA, the Tax Manager reports globally and is responsible for direct tax matters in Philippines & Japan. The Responsibilities include managing all direct tax compliance requirements, supporting tax audits and advising on complex business and tax technical matters. Issues involve tax, legal, financial, organizational and other areas requiring extensive knowledge of the two countries, teamwork and the ability to undertake prompt tax research and comprehensive analysis. Ensuring good working relationship and up-to-date communication with government agencies. Drive strategic initiatives to generate tax savings for the company
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
· Manage the external third-party service provider to ensure accurate, complete and timely filing and payment of company’s direct tax returns with the appropriate government agencies (i.e. BIR, SEC, local government) for all legal entities in Philippines & Japan.
· Provide leadership and support to the two tax jurisdictions when responding to tax audits and preparing for tax litigation with respect to tax positions established on income tax returns, as is necessary to minimize the Corporation's overall tax burden.
· Collaborate with the financial personnel of the two tax jurisdictions and outside counsel to identify opportunities to reduce the effective tax rate and otherwise reduce the current tax payments with the following measures:
o Perform regular self assessments, document test results, provide management action plans and ensure plans are followed up and eventually closed
o Initiate ways in improving tax processes
o Conduct roadshows and meet with proponents to ensure suggested improvement are done
· Act as point person in the government audit of all legal entities and responsible for maintaining good working relationship with government agencies in PH. Assist in communicating audits, appeals and litigation resolutions and in recommending changes to the appropriate levels of reserves for current and potential tax issues.
· Filling of transfer pricing documentations – description of all relevant intercompany transactions, functional and risk analysis, arm’s length documentation.
· Applications for, and maintenance of, investment grants and tax incentives. This includes consultancy for all management levels on how to optimize claims for subsidies and how to deal with conditions which are set by (tax) authorities.
· Act as primary advisor when it comes to any tax related questions/queries. Lead projects on tax and legal matters with lawyers, tax advisors and local management to optimally represent the company in front of tax courts and government agencies.
· Maintain a personal Training Development Plan to ensure continuous improvement of professional skills.
Do you have what it takes?
· Professional Qualification
· In-depth understanding of PFRS, National Internal Revenue Code, Revenue Regulations, Customs Regulations and other relevant government regulations
· Knowledge on Japan direct tax related matters
· Professional Experience (at least 6 years) in field of taxation from a multinational company or reputable financial consultancy/audit firm
· Well developed interpersonal and communication skills