Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
The APAC Employment Tax Manager plays a critical role in the organization. This leader will work closely with our global employment tax manager, APAC payroll operational managers, Human Resources, Stock Admin, International Assignments (Mobility), M&A, and Corporate Tax teams to ensure we are fulfilling our employment tax obligations throughout APAC. You will possess a deep knowledge of employment tax laws, project and vendor management, a passion for learning, a bias for thoughtful action, and a desire to create a fun environment for themselves and the team.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
· Develop strategies and business plans to align APAC on global and regional business initiatives requiring employment tax support to address risks and opportunities
· Provide leadership and management over all APAC region employment tax audits either directly, or through outside tax consultants. Engage stakeholders to ensure impact of audits are properly vetted for risk and negotiated to agreeable resolution and sustained compliance
· Provide employment tax advice and coordinate with internal stakeholders on all benefit and perk programs, M&A, new programs, and payroll initiatives to develop tax positions to ensure compliance to local tax and reporting regulations while also supporting business needs
· Develop a local employment tax team to work on a variety of tax projects and assist with other unique tax projects in conjunction prioritization of projects and making best use of resources
· Manage regional network of third party employment tax consultants to ensure we receive timely tax advice, great service and support at competitive rates
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
· 10 years of employment tax experience in a public accounting firm, law firm and/or a corporate tax department
· Certified Public Accountant (or local country equivalent)
· Experience in application of employment tax law or mobility tax support in APAC region
· Good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for achieving results
· Detail oriented, analytical skills, ambitious, self-motivated with a strong interest in international payroll and employment taxes.
· Able to work effectively individually and independently, as well as in teams
· Adaptable with demonstrated flexibility to changing task priorities and work situations.
· Excellent research skills, verbal and written communication skills; customer service oriented.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.