Job ID 8673
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
About the Finance team
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, Nike is counting on our Global Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every Nike shareholder. Nike’s Tax Team is an innovative and strategic expert function whose mission is to create, optimize and protect tax value in support of Nike’s finance, business and shareholder objectives. We are looking for leaders, influencers, collaborators and experts who can champion change as we evolve and help build our blueprint for the future.
About the role
Based in Singapore, this role reports into the Director of South Asia Geography Tax Operations and works closely with other Geography Tax Directors throughout Asia Pacific as well as with Global Tax Headquarters, external tax consultants and Nike functional teams (mainly Finance).
· Collaborate with regional and local accounting team and Global Tax Headquarters to ensure compliance with U.S. tax and local tax filing and reporting requirements for the South East Asia & India region.
· Review of tax financial reporting for U.S. GAAP purpose, transfer price documentation, inter-company agreement and facilitating the regional and local accounting team to conduct routine tax health-check programs.
· Support the Director, South Asia Geography Tax Operations in tax advisory, transfer pricing, tax audit management and implementation of tax strategy for the South East Asia & India region.
· Manage external tax consultants to address the tax needs for the South East Asia & India region.
· Bachelor's degree in Accountancy or the equivalent. CPA qualification highly preferred. MBA and/ or Tax Law degree is a plus.
· Minimum 6 years of relevant experience, preferably a combination of Big 4 and commercial working experience.
· Strong technical knowledge and experience in direct tax and transfer pricing regulation for the South East Asia & India region.
· Regional experience in a U.S. multi-national organization with knowledge in tax accounting (U.S. GAAP), indirect taxation including customs will be an advantage.
· Effective team player: ability to be hands-on and work well within a dynamic business environment across multiple functions.
· Highly motivated and independent: ability to take initiative and pro-actively work toward solutions to issues.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Computer literate and experience in Microsoft Office applications.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.