This position reports to the Tax Director, East Asia Japan “EAJ” zone, and assists the EAJ tax director in handling and managing the Group’s tax matters in the EAJ zone, facilitates the execution of regional tax planning initiatives as well as providing tax technical support to the country/financial controllers and business teams on any tax related matters and issues.
Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Korea, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Singapore, and Vietnam.
· Provide oversight and support for tax compliance matters in the jurisdictions of coverage. Such support includes review of tax computations prepared by tax consultants.
· Assist and manage tax audits conducted by tax authorities and involve working closely with controllers, finance team, business leaders and external advisors to resolve tax issues.
· Provide advice on all tax matters including day to day tax planning and advisory / operational business support, review of commercial contracts and cross-border transactions.
· Provide tax technical support to regional and local finance teams and business units in the East Asia zone.
· Work with APAC transfer pricing team to ensure TP documentation is prepared and maintained in accordance with domestic tax legislation
· Monitor and analyse the impact of proposed and newly enacted tax legislation on the business in the relevant jurisdiction.
· Identify tax efficient opportunities, and assist with all aspects of tax strategy management, business acquisition and restructuring initiatives.
· Support the tax provisioning and tax risk reserve process for reporting to the corporate tax team. This include reviewing and approving Form 16K prepared by local finance or FISS teams, and assist with the identification and documentation of tax reserves.
· Degree in accountancy with at least 7-8 years of corporate tax experience, of which 5 years are commercial tax experience.
· Good technical knowledge and understanding of the tax regimes in Asia Pacific region and tax treaty interpretations.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal) with ability to work with diverse teams across multiple locations, both internal and external parties which include country controllers, sales/project teams, accounting staffs, consultants and auditors.
· Ability to work under time pressure and handle tight deadlines.
· Self-starter, dedicated, meticulous with strong analytical skills and positive work attitude.
· Able to work independently or as part of a group. Needs to be a strong team player.
· Working knowledge of the Oracle/SAP/ERP accounting system is an advantage.