Job ID SG1183
Are you intrigued by regional tax implications on business growth and be a strong tax advisor to senior stakeholders?
Are you able to identify & mitigate tax risks and assure the quality of tax compliance is in line with the Governance Framework? Do you enjoy working in a fun yet fast-paced working environment surrounded by challenges and new projects?
Your specific tasks include:
· Evaluate and advise on the tax impact for projects and ad hoc advisories in the business such as Brand Retail, flow of products and new activities in the region.
· Tax advice for the area, being a link between the tax technical analysis from Planning & Structuring tax team and the APAC business.
· First line of contact to tax authorities and first line of defence for APAC tax audits in APAC legal entities via close collaboration with the Global Tax Policy & Controversy Director
· Proactive Tax Risk & opportunity finding and work with Planning & Structuring tax team to assure proper mitigation plans is are implemented.
· Monitor local tax legislation for all countries in APAC & advises on general tax matters.
Challenges and Opportunities
The role is a newly created role within the Business Advisory tax team reporting directly to the VP of Tax and with dotted line to the Global Head of Business Tax Advisory.
The role is to be close to the business, advise the business on different projects and help creating visibility on taxes and lifting the strategic focus on taxes.
The Business Advisory Tax Team in total consist of 10 people and is part of the Global Strategic Tax & Customs team at 19 people, which also consist of A Planning & Structuring Tax team, a Tax Policy & Controversy function and a Tax Governance Function. The Business Advisory team is the front tax office for The LEGO Group. Able to serve day-to-day tax queries as well as TLG projects, the BA team is aware when to escalate issues and involve the rest of the tax organization.
The BA team is responsible for the local tax knowledge and the local tax regulation monitoring, the BA team executes sample controls and health checks to assure the quality of tax compliance is in line with the Governance Framework as directed by the Tax Governance function.
The BA team has the responsibility to evaluate & discover local tax risks, inform the Planning & Structuring Tax team on tax risks and help implementing action plans to mitigate tax risks or perceive tax opportunities as per directions of the P&S team.
The BA team is also the first point of contact in case of tax audits, queries from tax authorities and day-to-day business relationships and is able to take decisions based on directions given by the Tax Policy and Controversy function and escalate to the rest of the tax organization when appropriate.
Do you have what it takes?
· University Degree or equivalent or Master of Laws, CPA, Certified Tax Agent
· Minimally 7 years work experience in Tax. The role is a generalist role covering direct taxes and indirect taxes; indirect tax experience would be a plus
· Accounting Firm or Law Firm experience is relevant
· In-house experience is preferred but not a requirement
· Willingness to travel (required to travel 30% of the time primarily within APAC region)
· SAP knowledge is preferred
· Gets energized of new ways of working and collaborating in open offices and are able of adding value to team members though out the world using video conference
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“Working in Strategic Tax & Customs is exciting and a challenging environment, working with a forward thinking and talented team, in a culture and organization which is totally awesome.” Peter Sand, Head of Tax Governance