Job ID SG1228
Are you a strong tax advisor that enjoys mitigating risk and ensuring strong growth for the future?
Will you be able to be a strategic advisor in designing and making recommendation with a macro perspective to optimize the supply chain and intercompany flow? Do you possess a mature yet fun personality that is able to manage key stakeholders?
Global Strategic Tax & Customs is the tax organistion with overall accountability for taxes all over the world including customs, indirect tax, etc. Within this global function there are 4 functions – a Business Advisory function, a Tax Policy & Controversy function, a Planning & Structuring function and a Tax Governance function. Tax Operations & Compliance are handled in a separate and team which is part of our BSO team (Business Service Operations).
Your specific tasks include:
· Responsible for Tax Control Framework and enhanced relationships with authorities, including setting tax controls on tax processes and testing these + work on gap analysis.
· Support Planning & Structuring and Tax Governance on various projects and initiatives including improving governance for the regional entrepreneur set up in Singapore, EDB incentives, managing tax governance or enhanced relationship regimes where applicable and group tax accounting to name but a few.
· Design new tax processes – with input from the business and the rest of the business, collaborate with BSO and BPI (Business Process Information team) to design and ensure processes are tested and randomly makes quality test. Overall responsible for process improvement and closure of gaps including gaps from tax audits.
· Find best technology solutions for tax, actively drive outsourcing, improvement of processes.
· Advises and coordination for the Strategic Tax department in relation to the BSO and the business in relation to tax governance.
Challenges and Opportunities
The Senior Tax Manager is a role within the Planning & Structuring (“P&S”) team reporting with a dotted line to the Head of Tax Governance (“TG”).
The role is to advise the business and the tax department on various different projects, be close to the BSO, help create visibility on tax processes and controls including lifting the strategic focus on tax governance both within the APAC region but also globally for The LEGO Group as a whole. In this way the role will be to support both the P&S and TG teams.
The P&S team has the mandate to design, maintain and make recommendations on the global tax footprint of The LEGO Group according to the Tax Strategy and Tax Policies. Further the team is able to plan for future challenges through different elements like tax risk management approach, technical knowledge and global overview.
In this respect, the P&S team is providing the appropriate tax perspective to the legal entity structure of the group, managing new market entries with a holistic view, optimizing the supply chain and intercompany flows to assure consistency with the Tax Strategy and Tax Policies.
Based on recommendations provided by the Tax Policy & Controversy team, the P&S team is able to decide on the prioritization of tax risks and opportunities leveraging on the rest of the Global Strategic Tax & Customs team to collect data, delegating health checks, defining project leadership and allocating resources for the entire tax department in a coordinated and consistent way.
Do you have what it takes?
· Minimally 7 years work experience in Tax. This is a generalist role covering direct & indirect taxes & tax governance; some indirect tax experience would be a plus;
· Accounting Firm or Law Firm experience is relevant;
· In-house experience is preferred but not a requirement
· Master of Laws, CPA, Certified Tax Agent or JD. The position typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience.
· Willingness to travel (required to travel 40% of the time primarily within APAC region)
· SAP knowledge is preferred
· Able to adapt to the new way of working environment
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“Working in Strategic Tax & Customs is exciting and a challenging environment, working with a forward thinking and talented team, in a culture and organisation which is totally awesome.” Peter Sand, Head of Tax Governance