The Finance Services Division of Caterpillar is seeking to recruit a Senior Analyst Transfer Pricing for the Asia-Pacific region to provide transfer pricing analysis, documentation and support to the Asia-Pacific Transfer Pricing Manager based in Singapore. This position is within Caterpillar’s Global Tax function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day transfer pricing support on Asia-Pacific transfer pricing matters for legal entities in Asia-Pacific and all Caterpillar business units (BUs), excepting Financial Products Division. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Prepare, review, coordinate and facilitate transfer pricing compliance;
· Prepare transfer pricing documentation (Local File, secondary documentation);
· Monitor transfer pricing developments and ensure timely communication of relevant impacts to the BU’s and other Global Tax team members;
· Assist with legal entity reviews including functional interviews, entity characterization, transfer pricing policy review and recommendations for change;
· Support in evaluation and documentation of uncertain tax positions;
· Assist with reviews and coordination of results reviews;
· Support with transfer pricing audits including preparation of responses to queries from tax authorities;
· Assist with the development and execution of enterprise transfer pricing planning strategies;
· Review commercial transactions and legal documents for transfer pricing implications;
· Support various transfer pricing initiatives and process improvement projects;
· Liaise with Global Tax, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Treasury, Enterprise Financial Shared Services, Legal Services Division, and others as needed to facilitate transfer pricing compliance and analysis; and
· Liaise with external tax consultants as needed to obtain advice as directed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· University / college degree. Preferably in accounting or finance.
· Excellent English language skills (spoken and written).
· 2+ years of professional tax or transfer pricing advisory or equivalent industry experience.
· General familiarity with transfer pricing principles, basic international and cross border tax concepts.
· Ability to work independently in executing day-to-day assigned tasks and providing business support, including strong project management and process improvement skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional, cross-cultural peers while maintaining an enterprise perspective.
· Ability to understand complex and regularly changing commercial and operational business models.