Job ID SG1406
Are you detailed and meticulous that enjoys building your capabilities in a global organisation? Would you like to build your career brick by brick in LEGO as a Sr Accountant, Tax Operations & Compliance?
Learn more about this position!
Bring all your amazing experience and knowledge in Corporate Income Tax, in order to support the improvement and success in the Finance area of the Business Service Operations based in the Singapore hub.
· Secure implementation of direct tax return, property tax return and other statutory survey/statistics reporting.
· Support Strategic Tax & Customs team on tax audits through data preparation and collaboration with Regional Tax Managers.
· Work closely with third party service providers related to Corporate Income Tax, and collaborate with the Strategic Tax & Customs and General Ledger teams in handling statutory reporting and other local government queries.
· Collaborate with process and data specialists to facilitate the improvement and/or transition of tax related compliance processes.
· Support the Manager specialist in improvement of tax governance and control.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Accounting Services organization consists of the Tax Operations & Compliance (TOC) team and General Ledger (GL) teams operating within the LEGO Business Service Operations (BSO).
Within BSO, the TOC team is responsible for meeting the global tax and statutory compliance requirements and the GL team is responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of the consolidation reports. The department balances a mix of internal resources and third parties to efficiently meet global compliance requirements.
The department focuses on transparent and accurate status reporting, maintaining a strong internal control framework, leveraging technology and standard processes to meet its operational targets and satisfy stakeholders.
The role will require a self-starter mentality and a progressive drive to bring in new processes into the TOC department. The performance is determined not only on the stated objectives but on the collaboration and service management provided to stakeholders. Also, the role is encouraged to bring innovative ideas and challenge existing practices to meet stakeholder needs.
Do you have what it takes?
· Bachelor degree in finance or accounting
· Certification in accounting or tax profession would be preferred
· 5 years in General Ledger or Tax functions in MNC and global share service environment, familiar with APAC countries (Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia & New Zealand, and India would be a plus) regulations related to tax and foreign exchange.
· Utilizing Business Intelligence to standardize and enhance reporting capabilities and speed. Able to recommend improvements to data structures to enhance reporting capabilities.
· Experience in global companies or those having global tax compliance requirements
· Ability to collaborate globally with internal stakeholders, global third-party service providers, and compliance bodies.
· Experience in global process transitions demonstrated through shared service center experience or involvement in projects or process improvements
· SAP and Microsoft office experience
· Willingness to collaborate globally
· Willingness to travel international (within APAC) when business needs
· Korean or/and Japanese language in both reading and speaking would be a plus, with intermediate level, for regional support
Join the global LEGO® family
The LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – APPLY NOW. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"Being part of the LEGO Groups is kind of a journey. You will become part of a constantly changing environment that includes the values of fun, learning and quality. As employee in the new Business Service Operations, you will join a very professional global company where only your own imagination sets the limits for development."