Publication ID: TH65049545_E1
At ABB, we are world leaders in what we do and we pass that culture throughout our business with some of the best training and career development in the market enabling you to make your mark on a truly multi-cultural, global business. One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Information Systems function. As you work with a team of world-class professionals to tackle the challenges of complex business issues, you will find many opportunities to build on your experience and expand your horizons. This is a great opportunity to join a global organization where you will have the opportunity to truly lead your own career both locally and through our global network. We are now seeking a Country Tax Manager in Bangkok, Thailand to join our team who will be responsible for implementation of tax planning and tax risk management processes in a particular tax area in the country in line with defined policy and ensure compliance with local and international tax laws and regulations.
Reporting to the Country CFO, your key areas of responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
· Act as subject matter tax expert and coordinate resolution of tax issues in the Region/Country to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations.
· Identify tax planning opportunities and risks of non-compliance and propose measures to mitigate tax risks.
· Provide input to various country projects and initiatives, including project risk reviews, contract structures, etc.
· Support development and implementation of relevant standards, processes, policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of corporate tax matters.
· Liaise with Tax Authorities in negotiations/dealings regionally/locally in a multitude of complex tax policy matters (including transfer pricing for goods and services, contracting business, mergers and acquisitions, etc.)
· Perform internal controls over financial reporting processes in the respective areas of responsibility.
· BA/BS degree in Taxation, preferably Accounting or Law
· At least 10 years tax management/consulting experience, preferably in international company
· Good understanding in cross-border Tax and Transfer Pricing
· Proficient in MS Applications and experience in SAP is preferable
· Good communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to communicate fluently in English and Thai
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees.