· This team will be responsible for the process execution, data management and compliance delivery for corporate income taxes for Maersk, ensuring that our direct tax compliance, statutory accounting and reporting is delivered accurately and timely and is fit for purpose in a data-led.
· Team members are allocated a portfolio of jurisdictions and entities of size and complexity appropriate to level of experience.
· Supporting the continuous improvement of processes, controls and data quality, including effective use of technology, to manage risk and cost relating to corporate income taxes, adapting to the increasing demands for real-time, data-led transactional reporting.
· Successful candidates will work with businesses, service providers, auditors and other professionals in carrying out their responsibilities.
· Reviewing data collection, processing, analysis, exception checking & reconciliations
· Timely and accurate preparation of information requests / data provision for tax returns and payments, group tax reporting and statutory tax disclosures, ensuring evidence is maintained to support tax filing positions.
· Assist in managing the tax function, including developing and implementing strategies, practices/protocols and planning opportunities;
· Monitor and manage international tax compliance process and outside consultants
· Review and research tax questions for tax planning, accounting and compliance purposes
· Assist in reporting for activities, including reconciliation and true up
· Collating data and preparing reports and responses to information requests from management, tax authorities and auditors.
· Supporting the operation, monitoring and reporting of corporate income tax and related accounting controls, data quality improvement and key performance measures.
· Ensuring effective, pro-active communication with external and internal stakeholders as necessary, including Revenue Department, third-party advisors and Maersk Global Services Centres
We are looking for
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.), in Accounting or Finance
· 5 years of post qualification experience in finance, accounting and/or Corporate Income Tax compliance & reporting in either large global organisations or Big 4 advisors, preferably in a shared services or centre of excellence environment.
· Knowledge about financial and accounting systems is a must; ideally also experience of Corporate Income tax compliance and reporting processes and controls.
· Experience with ERP systems (ideally SAP) and awareness of or experience with tax compliance & reporting technologies and effective process & control operation.
· Willingness to learn new applications and explore smart ways of working.
· Good verbal and written communication skills with different levels of stakeholder, both internal and external.
· Detail orientated, proven commitment to high quality delivery and continuous improvement.
· Flexible, able to work to deadlines and to prioritize effectively.
A.P. Moller - Maersk
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.