Tax Audit Director - Permanent role
The APAC tax team is a key part of Oracle's world-class operations and is closely integrated with the
tax organisation headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area. This progressive and innovative team comprises
a dynamic group of tax professionals responsible for Oracle's tax planning, business partnering, tax compliance,
M&A integration, transfer pricing and tax controversies, as well as supporting and liaising with other functions in the region.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist this team in the areas of transfer pricing and tax controversies.
· Working with and supporting the APAC Tax Senior Director to effectively manage tax enquiries, audits and litigations in a number of jurisdictions
· Build strong and productive working relationships with tax auditors and maintain clear communication with tax auditors and team members
· Liaising with personnel at the Oracle shared services centre, Legal, HR, Payroll and other internal groups to obtain financial and supporting data for tax audits for Oracle and acquisition companies
· Distilling and presenting complex financial information in an understandable format
· Draft response letters to tax authorities, legal briefs and court submissions
· Manage and plan the tax audit calendar to ensure timely responses to document requests, completion of audits and filing/submission due dates
· Develop a thorough working knowledge of internal reporting, tracking tools and policies
· Organise, maintain and update tax audit files and various reports - audit status, information request, proposed adjustment etc.
· Working with global teams across all lines of business on tax process improvements arising out of tax investigations
· Train and mentor assigned staff
· Proactive and positive attitude
· Project management skills to handle multiple tasks and deadline driven
· Ability to work in a team or as an individual contributor
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Fluency in English required and other language skills beneficial
· Analytical, research and forensics skills
· Qualified taxation / accounting / legal professional with 8+ years' experience at a large professional services firm or multinational corporation
· Prior tax audit, controversies and/or transfer pricing experience beneficial
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage and coordinate internal and external resources to implement company tax savings strategies. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns. Manages a professional staff.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, local, and international reports. Represent the company on tax matters in government, professional, and industry associations. Performs or directs research; analysis and interpretation of federal, state, and local statutes. Manages and oversees international tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Strong business and tax technical skills needed. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Ability to work with outside advisors. Experience with computer tax systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills. Experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.