We are looking for a highly skilled tax analyst to support the APAC Tax Compliance team. This role requires a candidate with a strong understanding of tax reporting systems and processes, able to cope with new challenges as and when they arrive and a passion for tax. Your responsibilities will be across the Asia-Pacific region.
· Preparation and review of tax effect accounting calculations;
· Actively work with external advisor and internal stakeholder to ensure all direct tax filings deadlines are met;
· Liaising with financial and operational staff regarding data collection and analysis;
· Actively involved in the monitoring of tax payments;
· Actively involved in the preparation of return to provision true up;
· Actively involved in monthly tax account reconciliation;
· Maintaining tax compliance status,
· Assist in quarterly tax reporting for US GAAP purposes such as FIN 48 and non-income based tax reserves,
· Prepare related party disclosures for the income tax return;
· Identification and implementation of process improvements.
· CA or CPA qualified or Master of Taxation;
· Minimum 5 years in a taxation based role in a large organisation or Chartered Accounting firm;
· Good understanding in tax effect accounting;
· Exceptional communication & stakeholder management skills;
· Analytically minded with a high attention to detail;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Compiles information for statutory reports as well as internal tax reporting. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Assist with governmental audits, internal audits and/or fiscal recharges. Ensure company complies with worldwide statutory tax reporting specifications. Focus areas include transfer pricing and intercompany transactions. identify international assignment tax issues for employees working in another country. Develop strategies to minimize corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. 8 plus years experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.