The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
Throughout Australia, Alstom’s objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Tax Manager to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for providing support and advice for our portfolio of international projects as well as executing all reporting activities, locally and internationally.
Responsibilities for this Role Include:
· Provide sound advice and support regarding the tax implications for international tenders and tenders involving multi-entity and multinational scope, ensuring compliance and optimization of tax matters from the offer phase to execution.
· Providing supporting documentation to external consultants in relation to both the Group transfer pricing policy and Australian tax requirements
· Supporting the accounting unit and legal entity in the monthly tax reporting (tax pack) and validation both at legal entity and Country level (tax consolidation)
· Ensuring timely completion / compliance for both direct and indirect tax reporting (Business Activity Statement (BAS), Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) etc.)
· Interact with global tax community and support transverse group initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
· Relevant tertiary qualifications (finance/Accounting or similar) with postgraduate expertise in taxation
· Strong knowledge and hand-on capability of the fundamentals and principals of tax
· Deep understanding of annual accounts, accounting and reporting systems
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
· Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and take on challenges.
We are based in modern offices at Macquarie Park with a free gym membership and plenty of options for flexible working.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity.
We recognise that embracing flexibility is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.