We are looking for a Tax Accountant to join ING in an exciting position in our Tax team. As our Tax Accountant you will take responsibility for day to day compliance and tax reporting obligations for ING. This will include the preparation of tax calculations, reporting and payment of all taxation liabilities to internal business units and external tax and revenue authorities. You will be challenged to resolve any difficulties that may prevent the completion of tasks whilst also ensuring all amounts are received and paid on time and that reporting is accurate and timely. As our Tax Accountant will also be provided with the opportunity to develop your capability to liaise with and present to senior level stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
· Flexibility around working hours
· Competitive salary package
· Opportunities to grow and progress
· Great culture and working environment
· The day to day compliance and tax reporting obligations of ING and its subsidiaries, including the preparation of tax calculations, reporting and payment of all taxation liabilities to internal business units and external tax and revenue authorities;
· Monthly preparation of various returns and lodgement with tax and revenue authorities;
· Preparation and processing of tax journals and monthly reconciliation of tax accounts;
· Tax analysis of tax sensitive accounts for various tax reporting purposes;
· Preparation of transfer pricing documentation including Country by Country Reporting;
· Administration, co-ordination and project management of Research and Development tax incentive claims including documentary evidence;
· Other ad hoc tasks as identified by the Manager.
· Ability to research, interpret and apply legislation's, case laws and ATO rulings to current issues/queries
· Willing to adapt and learn in-house reporting systems
· Demonstrated systems skills to proactively assist in transitioning to a new financial management system;
· Minimum 5-6 years of tax experience in a similar role
· Advanced understanding of accounting or tax discipline or related analytical role
· Demonstrated team player and high achiever
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Self-motivated and willingness to drive self-development
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)