Job ID 00433468
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
Nike is seeking a TAX Manager to strengthen its controlling team at the European Logistics Campus (“ELC” Laakdal, Belgium). In this role you will manage Belgian tax matters together with the ELC Controller and the Regional Tax Director. A tax analyst position is reporting into this role. The role consists of working together with all stakeholders in ELC to secure full tax compliance, overseeing and executing tax compliance activities, providing ad hoc advisory and special project support to the business, interacting with tax authorities on audits and other requests and providing tax training. We are looking for the all round tech savvy TAX Manager with a full backpack of different tax domain knowledge which ultimately elevates the team’s tax knowledge. You will closely work with members across the ELC Controlling department and external stakeholder teams (e.g., Tax, Customs, Logistics, Legal, IT and systems) and you will report to the ELC Controller.
· Gain a deep understanding of Nike’s business initiatives, logistic flows, goals, and drivers, including the technologies and/or intellectual property used to launch business initiatives
· Identify and communicate to the EHQ tax department and ELC leadership team any ongoing or new tax technical aspects/issues, benefits, and risks
· Assist with identifying, documenting, complying and defending key tax issues (e.g. transfer pricing, permanent establishments, withholding tax, indirect tax, funding, currency issues, etc.)
· Manage and coordinate tax audits and direct/indirect tax compliance and potential reserves along with all quarterly/annual filings
· Write technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos to be used by various business partners throughout the company
· Tax incentive management: analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations.
· Work effectively with external advisors: you know how to partner with authorities and are capable of establishing a good solid network with them.
· Master degree in Accounting, Tax law or Economics with 5 years of progressive tax experience.
· Must have = relevant tax experience in a corporate environment, public accounting firm or major law firm, preferably not only a career in consultancy (the BIG4).
· Expert in Belgian and EU tax matters along with a familiarity of US international tax provisions and an understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries
· Strong computer technical skills: good knowledge of SAP is an asset.
· Ability to work independently yet strong team player as well: you successfully lead aspects of complex, milestone driven projects – including working effectively across cross-functional teams and in a matrixed environment.
· Excellent communication skills: speaking and writing Dutch is mandatory apart from a good level of English (both written and oral) which enables you to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals and all levels of management.
· Organized, critical, accountable pragmatist that pays good attention to detail and stakeholders: you take ownership of projects, possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and deliver on tight deadlines.
· Travel regularly to our EHQ in Hilversum, NL (between 15%)
· First selection based on cv (education, experience, knowledge, and skills) motivational letter preferably in English
· Online tests regarding learning potential and personality (negative results valid for one year)
· Selection based on interview(s) with Hiring Manager(s) and other key player(s).
· Final Interview.
· Decision and notification.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.