Requisition ID: 1800003172
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company that protects and beautifies the world. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2014 were $15.4 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).
At the PPG Brno Shared Services Center, the position of Transfer Pricing Specialist is open. The Transfer Pricing Specialist will be part of the EMEA Tax Organization established within the Global Tax Department of PPG. The Transfer Pricing Specialist will report to the VAT Compliance Manager based in Brno (Czech Republic) and functionally to the EMEA Transfer Pricing Manager based in the Netherlands. The Brno Tax team is currently supporting tax compliance and advisory related activities for more than 25 countries in the EMEA region. The team consists today of 16 people, it has been steadily growing in the last six years and is expected to continue to grow further into the future.
The position is an excellent full time job opportunity for a professional interested in gaining (further) transfer pricing experience in an international company and being part of interesting projects conducted in close cooperation with both the global transfer pricing team as well as with local finance and business units in the different EMEA locations.
· Preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation for PPG legal entities (in the EMEA region and also other regions) based on templates provided by the EMEA Transfer Pricing manager:
· Gather market information, activities of the entity, accounting figures, headcount information etc.),
· Prepare appendices to Transfer Pricing documentation (i.e. intercompany matrices, segmented P&Ls etc.)
· Extract relevant financial information using various ERPs and financial systems,
· Initiate and sustain an excellent relationship with local finance, Brno accounting teams, business units and other relevant stakeholders to ensure an efficient and effective cooperation;
· Maintain the central archive of relevant transfer pricing documentation.
· Monitoring the application of transfer pricing policies:
· Identify material discrepancies between the policies applied versus targets to determine corrective actions;
· Determine appropriate transfer pricing corrections and prepare credit/debit notes;
· Assisting in the drafting of intercompany agreements supporting transfer pricing policies, and organizing respective sign offs and agreements archiving.
Benefits of working at PPG:
· Full time employment contract;
· Challenging work in multicultural environment of a multinational company;
· Attractive remuneration package;
· Excellent additional benefits;
· Friendly atmosphere promoting a culture of diversity, inclusion and learning.
· University degree in Tax, Accounting, Law or Economics;
· Basic tax awareness / tax knowledge (based on local or EU legislation);
· Transfer pricing experience will be an asset, but not required;
· Fluent English written and spoken (B2 level or higher);
· Good knowledge of MS Office;
· Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, Oracle) will be an asset but is not required;
· Strong sense of responsibility and ownership, proactiveness, ability to work effectively and relatively independently, ability to timely flag and respond to potential issues arising;
· Ability to build and effectively manage relationship with other team members and stakeholders;
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
· Readiness for occasional travels abroad.