Job ID: HRD37868
INNOVATE TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT CHALLENGES
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Homes and ADI Global Distribution team at Honeywell! Homes and ADI Global Distribution is a leader in the home heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls and security markets, and a leading global distributor of security and fire protection products.
In 2018, Honeywell will be spinning off the Homes and ADI Global Distribution business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company, named Resideo. Being a stand-alone company will provide the business the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution.
Global VAT Manager is responsible for representing the Company’s position in VAT audits; managing co-sourcing arrangements for VAT compliance; and contributing to VAT planning and productivity initiatives. The activities involve working closely with the Company’s business units in reducing the indirect taxes imposed. This may include developing tax controversy strategies and advocating the Company’s position in tax examinations, initiating and implementing tax planning, and enhancing data collection, analysis, and reporting processes. All activities are undertaken to contribute to shareholder value while fulfilling payment and reporting obligations.
· Lead the successful defense of filing positions and negotiate favorable resolutions of proposed deficiencies. Analyze data collected from business units to ensure accuracy.
· Partner with business units to proactively identif VAT planning opportunities and cash optimization strategies. Implement structural and non-structural tax planning strategies, which maximize savings and minimize cash outlay on a defensible basis Collaborate with business, tax and other individuals to drive favorable results.
· Manage VAT reporting activities, including those compliance activities performed by third party service providers. Assist in identifying, researching and evaluating alternative tax positions in order to determine a supportable, cost effective filing position. Evaluate transaction flows, process, procedures, and systems to optimize compliance activities. Work with the business to improve tax data collection processes.
· Manage and participate in reviews of ongoing business activities and proposed transactions to properly advise management of VAT consequences and opportunities.
· Analyze, monitor, and pursue legislative, regulatory, and judicial tax developments relevant to business operations. Work with the Company’s government affairs group, tax professionals, and industry/advocacy groups to determine impact to the Company and assist in the communication of the Company’s position on issues.
· Leadership and Teamwork – Provide a single point of contact for VAT matters.
o Audits and Controversies
o Business/Transactional Activities
o Legislative Activities
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor's Degree in tax or accounting, or a Bachelor's Degree in a related field. CPA certification (or equivalent) preferred
· A minimum of seven years directly related and progressively responsible tax experience.
· Fortune 500 corporation or Big Four accounting experience desired.
· Fluency in English
· In-depth technical knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
· Excellent business acumen with a sound understanding of the tax implications of a multi-national manufacturing
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to complex issues.
· Understanding of ERP systems.
· Effective project management and presentation skills.Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
· Some Travel Required
· Continued Professional Development
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.