Job ID DK7553
Are you an experienced tax professional with international experience? Could you be the global internal tax expert at Lego in your field? Yes? Please read on!
The role is part of our Business Advisory team within Strategic Tax & Customs and is to be close to the business, advise the business on different projects, help creating visibility on taxes and lifting the strategic focus on taxes.The Business Advisory team is the tax front office for The LEGO Group. Able to serve day-to-day tax queries as well as TLG projects, the BA team is aware when to escalate issues and involve the rest of the tax organization. The DK Tax position will be the only tax position in Denmark and hence will be responsible for deliverables on all taxes.
Your specific tasks include:
· Evaluate and advise general day-to-day matters and on the tax impact for projects and ad hoc advisories in the business. Including being a link between the technical analysis from Planning & Structuring tax team and the business.
· Strong link to Tax Operations & Compliance team to ensure tax governance.
· First point of contact in case of tax audits, queries from tax authorities and day-to-day business relationships and is able to take decisions based on directions given by the Tax Policy and Controversy function and escalate to the rest of the tax organization when appropriate.
· Tax Risk & opportunity finding and work with Planning & Structuring team (and other tax teams) to assure the mitigation plan is pursued.
· Monitor Danish local legislation ensuring we are on top of all local legislations impacting the LEGO Group. This includes (together with Tax Policy Director) ensuring inputs are provided to legislators so we can live up to our tax responsibility agenda of proactively supporting sustainable tax rules. The latter will primarily happen through organisations as Dansk Industry either directly via this role or indirectly via VP of Tax or Tax Policy Director.
Do you have what it takes?
· 7+ years work experience in Tax
· The role is a generalist tax role covering all taxes including employment taxes, customs, direct, VAT & other indirect taxes
· Law firm or Accounting Firm experience is relevant
· Willingness to travel
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· SAP knowledge is preferred
· Able to adapt to the new way of working environment
Bringing it to life
“Working in Strategic Tax & Customs is exciting and a challenging environment, working with a forward thinking and talented team, in a culture and organisation which is totally awesome.” Peter Sand, Head of Tax Governance.
Join the global LEGO Family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality - apply. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.