Requisition Number: 156552
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Tax & Treasury Manager F/H
The Royal Canin (RC) SAS Tax and Treasury manager will have to show strong leadership, influencing and connecting with both Mc Lean tax teams, PWC US as well as RC local CFO.
He/she will potentially have to work with local teams to address some challenge on the tax deductibility of franchise fees in some sensitive units (Russia, Brazil) and will have to track the progress on implementation of franchise model.
He/she will be the guardian of effective tax planning for RC SAS and will be a source of recommendations to Mars Inc/RC GLT on any franchise fee rate evolution.
In order to update the TP documentation, a strong business acumen is needed to feature how best translate the business figures into tax model.
Although the core of the job is oriented towards expertise, he/she will also have to coordinate the tasks of treasury/local taxes and internal control officers.
Principle Job Requirements
· Be the guardian of the franchise model: from Transfer Price documentation annual update to franchise fees invoicing
· Lead the annual GAM process (computation of income tax) as well as quarterly FIN48 (identification of income tax risks) & A32 (annual detailed reporting for US tax purpose)
· In connection with external consultants and R&D teams, ensure that all documentation backing up R&D tax credit and 39 terdecies is uptodate
· During tax audits, lead the matter on all required topics (Transfer Price, local taxes, R&D tax credit, German subsidiary) and ensure the right level of support (PWC, TO advisor) to mitigate risks while communication with Corporate Tax in Mc Lean regularly
· Be the guardian of compliance on any tax payment (income tax, CVAE, Organic, VAT, TVTS)
· Ensure that treasury process are handled in a smooth and effective way (dividends flows, hedging process, bank reconciliations, loans monitoring)
· Master’s Degree BA / Business School (BAC +5)
· 5 to 10 years of professional experience: first experience in an audit or tax company followed by an experience in a company with an international dimension Evident experience of responsibility in both financial control / custodianship
· Self-driven and comfortable interacting at various levels of an organization (Tax Corporate, R&D teams, lawyers, PWC US, RC CFO)
· Strong functional background on accounting and tax
· Very good communication skills both oral and written
· Language skills: fluent English
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request