Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such ast elevisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
As the internal corporate tax advisor, as part of the finance team in Berlin, you will primarily focus on international tax topics at headquarter level as well as for our subsidiaries in East Africa, Mauritius and China. As the first point of contact, you coordinate and execute all company-related tax topics in close cooperation with our accounting, controlling and legal Teams.
· Handle the full range of direct and indirect tax and transfer pricing related topics
· Overview national and cross-border tax compliance and customs regulations of operations in East Africa, Mauritius, China and Germany
· Manage transfer pricing documentation
· Monitor timely and accurate preparation and filing of tax returns
· Maintain relationships to external tax con-sultants in different countries of operation
· Perform research on tax exposure of new business and financing activities
· Provide advice on options for further devel-opment of international group structure
· Support and monitor headquarter and local finance teams on day-to-day tax-related questions and tasks
· Liaise with business modeling team to fur-ther develop national and group tax planning
· You are in the preparation for passing the tax consultant exam or have already successfully completed it
· You have at least 2 years of experience in the holistic tax management of international companies
· You have a high degree of responsibility and self-initiative
· You consider the application and further development of IT based solutions as an integral part of your profession
· Your German and English language skills are on an excellent level
· This position is perfect for you if you want to apply your analytical skills, your communication skills and your ability to work in a team
· If you employ entrepreneurial thinking as well as your hands-on mentality, you are our ideal candidate
The position, with direct reporting line to the Finance Director, gives you the opportunity to gain insight into a multitude of topics in a fast-growing international company and to further develop yourself professionally and personally. You will become part of a multicultural, highly motivated team of colleagues who combine professional expertise with personal passion for renewable energies and electrifying rural Africa.