Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit for a Tax Advisor at our headquarters in Berlin
About the role
To work closely with operational functions within BT to ensure compliance with tax laws, regulations and directives through the provision of tax advice to the business that is clear, understandable and implementable.
To identify opportunities to mitigate tax risks that arise both in day-to-day business and in enquiries raised by tax authorities.
· From the initiation of a bid, to take responsibility for all taxation structuring, resolving questions on the tax implications of the proposed contract structure and supply chain (including indirect taxes), dealing with tax issues that arise from the Invitation to Tender, advising on the implementation of the group’s transfer pricing policies and how that impacts the bid pricing, highlighting and quantifying tax risks and opportunities. This involves seeking input from other tax team members and liaison with other teams including bid governance, bid controlling, legal, structured finance, procurement and global mobility.
· During project set and execution, to resolve all tax issues that arise. This can require you to manage individuals in other teams in order to resolve the issue.
· To take responsibility for designated legal entities and to develop a high level of understanding of the tax rules affecting them, to be able to review the quarterly tax information for group reporting purposes and to provide tax assistance on any restructuring project which involves the entities. Also, to support those entities on tax audits, providing tax technical input and representations, and ensuring that consistent and correct information is provided to tax authorities.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant field of study
· Professional tax qualification, or member of a professional tax/accounting organisation, or equivalent experience.
· 5-8 years of work-related experience, with a minimum of 6 years in taxation and with industry experience. Experience in international taxation is highly desirable.
· Experience working in a multi-national environment matrix organization is essential. Good understanding of business drivers and how decisions are made and on what basis. Need to be able to know where to get information from.
· Fluency in English. Basic German language skills are beneficial but not a must
· Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
· Solid analytical skills and structured working manner
· High attention to detail and focus on high-quality results delivered on time
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.