Our department supports local markets and Daimler companies. We develop Finance & Controlling related guidance, procedures and processes. We also perform ongoing risk based monitoring, design and implement internal controls, consult with Daimler companies, perform workshops and trainings, and provide guidance within the Daimler group. According to our strategy the department drives highly intensive the digitalization of processes using current technologies.
Daimler Financial Services is successfully implementing its Balanced Strategy. This is a dynamic, fun and challenging environment in which each and every function has a potential to develop new skills and to further enrich in its tasks.
If you are eager to be an active part in this development you are in the right place.
Within our department FATCA is one of four tasks beside the business controls of Finance & Controlling, transferpricing governance and procurement governance.
FATCA is a US tax law aimed at preventing tax avoidance, and banks, and financial service companies are required to comply in order to avoid certain penalties. The FATCA Group Office is part of the Finance & Controlling divison of Daimler Financial Services in Stuttgart.
The FATCA Group Office is responsible for the FATCA governance structure, methods, standards and processes for the entire Daimler group. We support local markets and Daimler companies to ensure continued FATCA compliance. We develop FATCA guidance, procedures and processes. We perform risk based monitoring, design and implement internal controls. We consult with Daimler companies, perform workshops and trainings, and provide guidance for FATCA regulatory changes. We do so with a very solid understanding of our stakeholders needs and a strong background in financial governance and compliance principles. To ensure this high level of quality, we are constantly in close contact with our Daimler CFOs, our primary stakeholders within the Daimler governance function. We are also in close contact with our IT colleagues. We think there is a huge potential and a definite need - to include digital solutions also into governance functions.
Your tasks in detail:
Supporting a proper FATCA Governance structure:
· Identifying need for enhancements to global FATCA Policy, FATCA governance framework handbook, and internal control systems (ICS & IKS) including implementation of relevant tools
· Monitoring and tracking breach and incident occurrences and remediation activities
· Performing annual FATCA financial tests
Providing FATCA support for CFOs and local stakeholders:
· FATCA classification and onboarding of new companies and new CFOs
· Implementation support for FATCA relevant companies
Sharing best practices for FATCA:
· Development and enhancement of best practice questionaires, checklists and self assessments
· Developing training and communication initiatives
Monitoring FATCA activities:
· Identifying risks and assessing impact due to changes in global regulatory landscape
· Identifying new inscope Daimler companies, process weaknesses and other possible risks
· Enhancing and automization of existing monitoring activities
Keeping internal stakeholders up to date:
· By preparing quality and ad-hoc reports and presentations for respective management and SteCos
· Providing support to internal Daimler stakeholders tax, treasury, pensions, audit etc.
· As an important part of the departments individual roadmap you constantly explore the possibility to include digital solutions and automated processes within your area of responsibility
· Completed university degree preferably with a focus on governance
· A Focus on tax, compliance, legal, business administration are also acceptable
Experience and specific knowledge:
· More than 3 years of experience in tax Compliance, compliance, ICS, audit and/or other governance functions
· Strong background in tax compliance related topics
· Ability to identify process weaknesses and to abstract risks
· Solid finance & controlling knowhow
· Solid understanding for / interest in digital business models
· Visual production capabilities to create meaningful stories out of data
· Interest in new, agile & scrum working methods
· Bridging IT & Business requirements with proven competences to merge business and IT requirements and ensure a common basis for understanding
· Interest in/basic understanding of big data, artificial intelligence and drive to continuously stay informed on new trends and solutions
· Fluent English and German skills
· Team player with high service attitude and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong process execution, time management and organizational skills
· Self motivated and the ability to work independently
· Solid ability to analyze & communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means
· Driven, positive attitude and proactive solution-oriented approach
This is a full-time job (also suitable for part-time)
When sending your online application, please attach your CV, an individual letter and any references you may have (max. 6 MB).
Important: For an optimal selection process, please attach your documents AND complete the application form with details of your academic and professional career as well as your further skills.
We particularly welcome online applications from candidates with disabilities or similar impairments in direct response to this job advertisement.
If you have any questions, you can contact the local disability officer once you have submitted your application form.