Job Number: 1807130
We are one of the world’s largest snacking companies, with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around165 countries and with market-leading shares in chocolate, biscuits and gum & candy.
Oreo, Milka and Toblerone are some of our most powerful global brands and you will also recognize us by our local iconic brands such as Germany’s No.1 Mayonnaise - Miracle Whip and Philadelphia Cream Cheese that awaken the senses. Brighten the day. Refresh. Renew. Uplift. We make the products that make people smile and we make them like no one else.
The Tax department ensures we are correctly reporting income for tax purposes, and remain in compliance with tax policies and laws. It includes income tax planning, income tax compliance and reporting, and tax governance.
Direct Tax Manager Germany (m/w)
All Direct Tax matters in Germany, i.e. managing all Direct Tax compliance requirements, advising on local business and direct tax technical matters, advising Accounting & External Reporting on accounting for corporate income taxes.
· Advise on and assist in business and process improvements in all matters regarding Direct Tax as well as at interfaces with other functions and jurisdictions.
· Participate in and execute handling of Direct Tax audits and enquiries in Germany and advise on Indirect Tax, as necessary.
· Support in tax litigation with respect to tax positions established on income tax returns and with respect to planning projects as is necessary to minimize the global group's overall tax burden.
· Support the Local DT-Manager in relationship meetings with local tax-authorities and maintaining an overall view of all taxes in Germany and associated tax risks.
· Advising Finance colleagues in matters of Tax Accounting and Tax Reporting as subject matter expert as provided for in the applicable Ways-of-Working (“Wow”), Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”) or other policies, or as required and agreed in respect of local needs.
· Maintain a personal Training Development Plan to ensure continuous improvement of professional skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Qualification as certified tax advisor, chartered accountant with a specialization in tax, tax lawyer or equivalent desired
· Solid tax experience in public accounting firm (big 4 preferred) and/or MNC
· Ability to work with multiple stakeholders of different seniority and from different business functions
· Good communication skill
· Fluent English and German in both speaking and writing
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer top attractive social benefits.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.