We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
Our Mission is to operate a world class Global Finance and Accounting team utilizing global processes and controls to provide Sony with an efficient, cost effective and scalable solutionAs a Statutory Expert in a region, you will work in co-ordination with multiple Global stakeholders (SGTS, GTO, Sony Corp.) to deliver the financial statutory reporting of Sony Global Finance & Accounting under the umbrella of a Global Process Model which spans across multiple countries and time zones.This includes supporting, coordination of, and executing the regulatory & statutory process of the Statutory Cluster, for a particular country and for support in the region, financial statements, pension accounting, levy reporting, and contingent liability assessment, and supporting direct & indirect taxes. This will include all legal entities within the electronics business.The statutory reporting process plays a critical role within Record to Report (RTR), acting as a key contact point for the finance teams in the electronics business for the Region.The role implies responsibilities and accountability for all Statutory related finance matters within a country which belongs to the Cluster operation. Also it will support joint responsibilities within a cluster allowing for back up of each team member, and rotation of activities as well as developing knowledge on distinct area’s to become a specialist across the ClustersCommunicate, contact and plan the service delivery of business partners, which deliver Statutory related services on behalf of Sony Electronics Cluster operation.Given time zone differences, will need to contribute to decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
As an Accountant and Corporate Tax Expert you will be responsible for:
Finance Process Management
· Deliver financially accurate financial information, compliance, efficient proactive finance support and technical finance expertise to internal customers
· Implement and enforce standardised processes and procedures across countries, territories and business groups in the scope of responsibility to deliver efficiency and effectiveness monthly financial reporting for group accounting and for statutory purposes
· Work with 3rd Party relationship in Statutory related activities to include coordinated systems controls, reporting and systems support.
· Ensure all statutory reporting for all legal entities is completed to scheduled timelines for a country and support across the Cluster
· Coordination of External Audit work schedules and coordinate audit work within the Country and the Cluster, in support of overall SEU Group Audit.
· Liaise with key parties such as internal and external audit, and other 3rd party contracted vendors for tax returns and other tax support.
· Ensure areas such as litigation and contingent liabilities continue to be reviewed and assessed
· Ensure all other regulatory submissions are made to local authorities and to published timelines
· Respond to statutory, tax and audit queries for a country and support to the Cluster.
· Statutory reporting activities e.g. reconciliations & analysis. This includes indirect tax analysis, reviewing monthly VAT reconciliation for risks and opportunities
· Co-ordinate statutory, tax and audit queries by Country, Cluster or across Cluster
· Controlling the 3rd party contracted vendors cost against budget and forecast. This includes 3rd party relationship management
Financial / Technical Compliance
· Ensure all finance and commercial activities in the Country and Cluster comply with the effective application of agreed Sony Corporate Accounting Policy, SOX Control Procedures, local statutory requirements and Governance Systems
· Support document retention in line with Sony policy and legal requirements.
· Ensure “accounting note” reporting to Regional CFOs & Tokyo senior management is carried out in timely manner, addressing key areas for quarterly disclosure. These notes should be a review of technical accounting compliance on operational basis within Sony Global Finance & Accounting.
Tax / Treasury
· Support Global Tax Office (GTO) requests with the provision of general ledger (GL) information and for the preparation of tax returns
· Support Sony Global Treasury Services (SGTS) requests with the provision of GL information
· Support VAT team request on indirect tax reporting such as VAT returns, Intrastat and associated reporting requirements.
Process Improvement, and Service Management
· Ensure effective operation of third party engagements with key parties for tax reporting and other statutory reporting
· Identify and implement process improvements to continually balance efficiency and improve service to the front line business – aligned with the principle of the Global Process Model;
· Optimise tools and systems available to provide automated financial and operational information
· Mitigate, advise, communicate and resolve any issues which might affect Finance Accounting performance levels or Country and Cluster information.
Qualifications & Experience
· Minimum Degree, BSC/BS/BA and/or Part-qualified or qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or international equivalent) or equivalent relevant experience desired
· Previous experience working with a 3rd party vendor is a plus
· Experience of a blue chip/Fortune 500 corporate environment
· Expertise within in at least one of the core finance process areas of record-to-report, purchase-to-pay or controlling
· Preparation of statutory accounts to filing stage, under local GAAP is essential
· Expertise of SAP ERP System including BW is critical
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills and Excel is essential
· Experience or understanding of consumer & business technology industry would be a strong advantage
· Must have proven ability to communicate effectively and with confidence with internal and external customers/business partners at various levels; independent way of working, experience with remote teams is a big asset
· Experience of working ina Global business within a multi-currency & country environment would be a strong advantage
· Finance Shared Service, and or BPO experience is desireable
Fluency in German and English is a must
Our mission is simple. We aim to inspire and fulfill curiosity across the globe. We want to be responsible for getting hearts racing, stirring ambition, and putting a smile on the faces of our customers. That challenge, combined with our spirit of innovation, motivates us to create groundbreaking technology, entertainment, and services for people worldwide. Our history as a global brand has been built around employees that all have a passion for touching peoples' lives, and pride in pushing beyond the status quo to produce truly extraordinary results.