Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customer's products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
· Process Tax compliance for German operations, as well as support Tax compliance in Austria and Switzerland; this includes review / design of Tax
· Tax accounting
· Support EMEA wide Tax / Finance projects
· Prepare / Review Tax returns (e.g. Corporate Income Tax, Trade Tax, withholding tax, etc), including interaction with external Tax advisors. Strong focus on Germany and support for Austria and Switzerland.
· Review of Tax assessments and coordinate Tax payments
· Prepare Tax calculations for US GAAP accounting as well as for local statutory financials
· Preparation of tax exemption certificates applications
· Support Tax provision process for US GAAP accounting purposes (Quarterly / Year-end)
· Prepare / Support Tax basis balances sheet preparations
· Tax account reconciliation
· Act as primary contact for certain Audits as determined by the Tax Manager Germany
· Assist in several tax audits (e.g. Income tax, VAT, wage tax, social security etc.)
· Administer Tax requests, deliveries and document Tax audit movement incl. communication within Axalta's Finance and Business community
· Review and reconciliation of tax audit reports
· Support Project Management on EMEA Finance / TAX projects: interact / coordinate with external advisors, administer project management
· Support accounting process: draft entries
· Complete study as German tax assistant (Steuerfachangestellter)
· Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in the area of Tax compliance
· Sound knowledge and application of tax laws, regulations
· Strong accounting skillset
· Strong experience in Wage Tax
· Very good skills in DATEV and ELSTER, as well as Excel
· Basic knowledge of SAP
· Highly proficient in German
· Highly proficient in spoken and written English