Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive
You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field, while developing your career to the fullest. With 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
For our site in Krefeld (as of mid-2020 it will be Düsseldorf) we are seeking to recruit a (m/f/d) :
Corporate Income Tax Specialist
The Corporate Income Tax-Specialist supports the management and execution of all tax related activities in Germany. He or she will be part of the regional tax team and function in a multi-national environment. He or she will be involved in a wide range of tax issues for the German Cargill Group. In addition, the German tax team could assign ad hoc projects to the Tax-Specialist. More specifically, the main tasks and responsibilities include:
40% Develop Tax Solutions & Provide Tax Counsel / Advise
· Supports with identifying opportunities to optimize Cargill’s tax positions, mitigate tax risks and generate process improvements.
· Provides assistance by conducting tax-related information gathering and analysis requiring a sound understanding of tax practices and procedures with oversight from more senior team member(s).
30% Conduct audits & resolve legal disputes
· Retrieves information in response to internal and external audits and information requests from tax authorities.
· Handles correspondence with external revenue bodies and/or inquiries from various taxing authorities with oversight from more senior team member(s).
20% Perform tax activities (preparation, filing, execution of payment, reporting)
· Supports the preparation of annual corporate income tax returns / trade tax returns and/or reviews tax returns prepared by third party advisors. Prepares tax forms and related documents associated with tax compliance.
· Supports with the monthly, quarterly corporate income tax reporting performed as well as with the annual closing requirements under USGAAP and statutory (HGB) accounting
· Develop and implement tax compliance and accounting related tools and systems such as a tax compliance management system, a tax accounting provisioning tool, a tax control framework, etc.
· Reviews tax assessments notices, communicates these with the business and ensures timely payment.
10% Other duties as assigned
· University degree in tax / business or German „Steuerfachangestellte/r“ / „Steuerfachwirt/in“.
· 2-5 years of professional experience as part of a corporate tax function or in an international tax consultant firm
· Proficient knowledge of international tax aspects and German tax group principles (“Organschaft”)
· Understanding of business matters and the link to tax implications is a plus
· Proficient Microsoft Excel skills, tax software (e.g. DATEV, Stotax, etc.)
· Experience with / understanding of working with ERP systems (e.g. JDE Edwards, SAP, etc.)
· Excellent English skills
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter as well as reference letters today (Jobnumber KRE00644). Please also mention your salary expectation and your earliest availability.