External Job Description
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
· To prepare tax packs, accounting packs and corporate tax computation for UK and Ireland. These will be submitted to Group Tax and EY/Deloitte for the migrated markets where applicable.
· To ensure that tax calculations and statutory reporting are completed accurately and on time and that the surrounding internal control procedures are strictly adhered to.
· To provide first line support to his/her line manager on ongoing compliance work and specific tax issues/projects/process standardization
· To contribute ideas, energy, enthusiasm and support to the continuous improvement of the Tax Compliance process.
· The jobholder may be instructed by his/her immediate superior to perform all tasks directly or indirectly related, additional or supplementary to the scope of duties defined in this role profile.
· Ensure the tax packs and tax computations are prepared accurately and submitted to Group Tax/Deloitte/EY on time.
· Participate in managing corporate tax affairs (compliance, reporting, risk & opportunity management) of relevant markets with the help of the Global Tax Outsourcer and Group Tax.
· Review tax analyses and tax computations ensuring completeness and accuracy, and adequate operation of relevant controls.
· Make sure professional knowledge is maintained and improved within the team.
· Seek to participate in continuous improvement ethic as well as in projects and work initiatives as required.
How to serve:
· University or college degree in economics preferably in finance/accounting
· 1-3 years of experience within taxation ( VAT/ transfer pricing/ perconal income tax/ corporate tax)
· Fluency in English
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Solid understanding of accounting
· Highly numerate / strong analytical skills
· Self motivated and well organised approach to work
Cherry on top:
· Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
· We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
· Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
· Easy to reach downtown location
· Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
· We live our values and color our lives