Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in this field and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
The name Google came from ""googol,"" a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
· Assist with tax advice for group operations in the EMEA region.
· Work with external advisors in monitoring and analyzing proposed and newly enacted EMEA tax legislation.
· Support the team by advising on acquisitions and corporate structure matters.
· Work with external advisors and Finance teams in assisting with the tax compliance process for EMEA.
· Assist with EMEA tax compliance and quarterly tax provision process.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Law or Accounting or equivalent practical experience.
· ITI qualification with a legal practice or equivalent practical experience.
· Experience with cross-border agreements in industry and/or practice.
· Demonstrated experience of advising on international tax matters.
· Ability to explain technical concepts in a simple and comprehensive way to colleagues without a technical tax background.
· Effective technical skills and ability to adapt to international timezones.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence at the highest levels.
· Ability to travel as required.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.