Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an International Tax Manager to join its EMEA tax team based in Dublin. This position will be part of the International Tax Team that handles Facebook’s EMEA tax controversy matters. The successful candidate will have experience with a wide range of international tax issues, ideally, but not essentially, including experience with a U.S. based multinational company. The successful candidate must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work closely and proactively with numerous functional teams across our organization. The position will be based in Dublin.
· Manage tax audits, controversy and litigation within the EMEA region.
· Manage dispute resolution proceedings (e.g. MAP and APA) with the EMEA region.
· Partner with various stakeholders across the business in managing the impact arising from such controversy / dispute resolution matters.
· Support the wider tax team on tax compliance and transfer pricing matters from a controversy perspective and on tax accounting issues arising from controversy matters.
· Assist in developing pro-active solutions for future controversy issues.
· University degree, with advanced degree or professional qualification in tax or law preferred but not essential
· Proven relevant international tax experience in Big 4, law firm and/or tech industry would stand out.
· Experience with international tax controversy and / or transfer pricing matters
· Analytical, documentation, research and project management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient with Excel and Word
· Hands-on, independent, able to multi-task and prioritise
· Travel will be required with this role, roughly 15-20% per year
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.