Ensure and develop VIVAT in-control VAT and IPT position
Indirect Tax Counsel
· Is part of the Tax Department and reports directly to the Head of Tax
· Is responsible for managing the VAT and IPT position of the Dutch activities of VIVAT, which includes the insurance and asset management business, fund structures and the Holding,
· Is responsible for advising the Business and Functional lines on a variety of topics, which include:
o new business ventures,
o M&A, including portfolio transfers,
o cross-border initiatives and services,
o investment fund structuring,
o financial investment transaction structures,
o real estate transactions,
o product development,
o review of agreements,
o filing of (quarterly) VAT returns and listings,
o pro ratio methodology, calculation and requests
· Ensures that VIVAT is in control of its VAT and IPT position and maintains and further develops the Tax Control Framework including drafting and implementing policies and procedures,
· Maintains a good working relationship with relevant external parties such as the Dutch Tax Authorities and the external auditor
· Will represent VIVAT in the VAT Committee of the Dutch Insurance Association
· Creates VAT and IPT awareness within the Business and Functional Lines through training and presentations
Experience and skills
· Tax professional, with 6-8 years of relevant working experience preferably obtained at an insurance or banking / asset management business or at a Big 4 with exposure to Financial Services clients.
· Ability to work independent
· Comfortable working with both senior management and operational staff
· Hands on approach with operational involvement in tax projects
· Affinity with insurance and asset management
· Excellent command of the English language
· Strong communication and presentation skills towards senior management, operational staff and external stakeholders
· Strong team player who is confident and comfortable in taking the initiative and has a drive to complete projects
· Focus on cooperation and relationship
· Accuracy and attention to detail is a must, good analytical abilities, and ability to work to deadlines
· Is able to effectively work in an international environment with cross-cultural sensitivity
· Drive for continuous improvement and work together with the own and other teams to achieve that
We offer you
· A challenging and interesting position in a dynamic insurance and asset management company
· An dynamic environment in which you have to deal with major topics, managing a large variety of stakeholders
· There is ample room for personal and professional growth for the person with the right attitude and ambition
· A full time position, with main working location in Amstelveen
· Other benefits
VIVAT is a leading insurance and asset manager in the Netherlands with a rich history of over 100 years. We have a large customer base and a solid reputation. We serve our clients through a number of well-known insurance brands: Zwitserleven, Reaal, Zelf, Routemobiel, Proteq Dier & Zorg and the responsible asset manager ACTIAM.
Since 2015, VIVAT is part of the Anbang group, a globally active insurer with activities in North America, Europe and Asia, with China as its home base. Together we work on innovations and a solid growth strategy.
VIVAT’s ambition is to become the most innovative insurance company in the Netherlands. The coming years we will make our organisation less complex. We will offer our products and services through our consumer brands Reaal and Zwitserleven and asset manager ACTIAM. We focus on innovative digital and insurance applications and further simplification of our business processes. This will result in an effective customer-centric organisation in which we can help our clients to realize their dreams and to protect their belongings.
Working at VIVAT means to contribute to building a new innovative organization. You work in a challenging and dynamic environment that develops rapidly. Accept the challenge to work with us on the new phase VIVAT.
The VIVAT Tax Department
The VIVAT Tax Department, which consists of 9 tax advisers, manages the tax position of VIVAT and advises the Executive Board of VIVAT and the Business and Functional lines on all corporate tax issues, related to Corporate Income Tax, Wage Tax and VAT. Activities of the team include preparation and filing of CIT and VAT returns, monitoring of specific tax regulations for insurers, changes in the legal and financing structure, M&A proposals, business initiatives and capitalization. Furthermore, the Tax Department assists the Business Lines to meet the tax obligations imposed by law and other regulations with respect to product related tax issues, e.g. investment funds, pension products, mortgages and life insurances. Also, team members represent VIVAT in various external interest groups.
The Tax Department also performs an oversight role on behalf of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of VIVAT to ensure, together with the Finance Departments, that the financial consequences of the tax obligations are adequately reflected in the IFRS and Solvency II financial statements.